.243 Coyote Loads?

AWHOLELOTTABULL

Long Time Member
Anybody have a nice load/recipe for a custom .243 coyote gun? I've heard good things about the Hornady bullets and I've shot the 95gr Noslers in the past. I just want to play around with a different load and see if I can improve some groups. Just curious.

It's always an adventure!!!

70 or 75 grain V-max or other hollow point with some Varget under it. Can't remember the charge I'm using but have found Varget shoots well in most 243s throughout the load range.

Jim The following load is a hammer!

58gr Vmax loaded over 44-44.5gr Varget and Im sure you will be pleased!

Jim,

I have had real good luck shooting 55 gr. Nosler BT in front of 44.5 gr. of Varget. Its an old .243 but shoots pretty well. Now if I could find some coyotes!

1-9"? If so 105 Amax, have your cake and eat it too!

Somewhere between 10 thou off to jamming the lands, over N165 or H4350.

70gr Sierra Matchking HPBT
51gr Hodgen Superformance
Federal match Large Rifle primer
2.65 COAL
3750 FPS
3 shot groups out of my Remington SPS varmint are in the .35" range

Thanks boys! REDDOG _ I thought about jumping the bullet a little but you're not jumping them much at 10 thou off the lans. I was thinking more like 50 thou. I will try a little more snug fit and see if that barrel likes it. Much appreciated. Also sounds like you guys are having a lot of success with the Varget powder. Never tried it but may have to now.

bragabit - 0.35"!! Now that's what I'm talking about right there. I have some Hogden Super so I will try that load as well.

It's always an adventure!!!

I use 90 grain Gamekings. Mine won't shoot the lighter bullets. Yotes have yet to complain. they hit hard.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom