25 seconds to Get It Done ... Can YOU Score?

Founder

Founder Since 1999
You've drawn a great early rifle tag in CO (16 points). You've scouted and seen a bigger buck, but this one is the 2nd best seen. It's opening morning and you've got him at 440 yards. You've got only 25 ticks to get it done, then he gets bummed by another hunter. Do you? Can you? How big is he?

Thanks everyone for making use of the forums!

[facebook]facebook.com/monstermuleys/videos/433120310858044[/facebook]

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
@mm_founder on Instagram
LIKE MonsterMuleys.com
on Facebook!

I would give it a try if I was confident with my preparation at the range prior to the hunt. 425 is pushing it for me if I haven't spent enough time practicing. Definitely a shooter in my book.

Yep, reasonable range, the other buck clears and he is broadside, boom. He?s plenty big enough for me , those outside hook cheaters put me over the edge no matter what he scores, guessing 190 ish.

Sometimes knowing when to ?settle? is the difference maker between going home with a big mature buck or going home with a tag in your pocket and your body run into the dirt searching for a ghost.

100% shooter.

I like him a lot, especially with the extras. With 150 gr. 300 Win mag, at 440 yds and a good angle I'm shooting. I'm not a good judge of velvet; I guess around 180.

I'd shoot him, but I would wait until the other buck clears away before I shoot, toward the end of the video. I can 99% make the shot, but I'd sure be careful with the other buck.

no...I don't shoot velvet bucks....just a personal thing.

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

He is nice. Dont think i can shoot that far! Not with my mzzl tag. He is about the roundest-bellied buck i ve ever seen!

Yes, absolutely. I actually drew Idaho Unit 55 Early this year, so I'll be looking for something like that. If I have this shot at 440, I'm hitting the dials and getting to work.

yep those kickers are a go go go.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Depends, is the number one buck 20-30 inches bigger, or is it only few inches bigger. How confident are you that the number one buck is kill able.

CAN I? Without a doubt.

WOULD I? Not if I had any real confidence in finding the bigger one. I WOULD take it, if I had had a chance to hunt some but not during the first 5 minutes, if I believed in the bigger one................ LOOKING and ANTICIPATING is a Lot more fun than carrying.

Within the shadows, move softly.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom