.250 Savage ?

polarbear

Long Time Member
Howdy!
I have been having one hell of a time finding .250 Savage ammo. Does anyone know where I can find some? None of the sporting goods shops around here carry it anymore and I usually dont have time to hit the gun shows. Do you know of a reputable place online that I could order several boxes or even a case?
Thanks!
yotewalk.gif

Eric

Polarbear

The 250 and alot of other older cartridges are what the industry calls "seasonal" cartridges. They load a bunch every 2 0r 3 years and do it again when the supply runs out.

You don't say where you are from but here in Utah Sportsmans Warehouse has them in though the supply gets sketchy at times. You might try Old Western Scrounger on line as they specialize in hard to get ammo. Hope this helps

meatmaker

Thanks for the info guys! I will try em out. I just found out that the guy that I buy my hay from has a reloading kit for his .250. He dosent use it much and I am trying to get him to sell it to me or at least reload a bunch. I am going to check out those places that you recomended first and get a few boxes to tide me over until I can bring him around.
Thanks
yotewalk.gif

Eric

PB,

You are so cool with your running wolf.....;-) Actually, I kind of like it shadow and all.

Have you looked in Cabelas catalogue? They have hard to get and obsolete ammo.

Got home from working on the boat today and there was a box with 60 reloads in it waiting on my work bench in the barn. My friend made up a bunch last night and brought them over. I called him up to ask what I owed him and he said that it was just partial payment for helping him put up hay this summer. How cool is that?
Thanks for all the tips guys! I guess that I have found an answer to my dilema.
KFC... Thanks, but it is supposed to be a coyote, since I hate wolves. Haahaaaa..... The only good wolf is one that is in my crosshairs!
yotewalk.gif

Eric

One of the few places I've been able to find them is Cabela's...not advertising or anything. I've just rekindled my romance with the 'ol .250-3000. After selling my old one over 10 years ago, a buddy of mine gave me a screamin' deal on one I couldn't pass up. Now...too shoot enough boxes for some reloading brass and get some dies...MMMmmmm.

PolarBeer,

I went to Cabelas today to get some reloading supplies. They had stacks of that ammo there. I think it was Remington if I remember acurately.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom