.257 110 accubond

BBB

Very Active Member
Well,

Any one know the scoop? I went to purchase some 110 AB and they are completely sold out everywhere. Some stores say "limited production".

These fling out of my boys WBY fairly decent and I was hoping to pick some up to load up...Anyone know why there is a shortage?

Thanks

For those (like myself) that weren't aware how Nosler's production schedule worked and are interested, here is a reply I got from Nosler today on why there is a lack of .257 110 AB.

I started to worry that it might had been a phase-out of this bullet, in preparation for their incoming .25 ABLR. No need to worry now...

Michael,

We run this bullets about once per year on average, which is typical of much of our hunting projectiles. We last ran this bullet in July of 2016, and looking at our latest production schedule are slated to start a run this month. If all goes to plan that would put this bullet shipping in April.

Best regards,

Nosler Inc.

Off subject but what are you using for powder in those 110 257 loads ??? I've always shot the 115 Ballistic Tips in mine. Make quite the mess of the insides of a mule deer but I don't think I'd use it for extended range , the Accubond would be better.

H4831 is what I'm using now. I had a good load using rl22 as well but have had better luck with hodgdons extreme powders. Velocitys could be faster but as expensive as brass is, mid-3300 is plenty fast for its application and I'm not getting ejector marks anymore.

It really is an incredible bullet out of the quarter bore.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom