.257 Weatherby Magnum loads?

antlerrick

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Sep-30-09 AT 10:40AM (MST)[p]Anyone have a good load for the .257? Just got mine and need to get some loads done to try out. Will be reloading 115 gr Noslers...
Appreciate any help you can send my way..
Rick

Also, think I have my delayed firing problem with my 300RUM taken care of...took it over and had the trigger mechanism polished...hope that takes care of the stinkin delay but haven't got a chance to shoot it again since...

LAST EDITED ON Sep-30-09 AT 11:47AM (MST)[p]Rick I have had great success with H1000 and ramshot magnum in my 257wby. That was with 100 accubonds though!Ill try to dig up some info.

I shoot 115 gr Nosler Ballistic Tips with VV N-165 powder, shoots about 5/8" groups.

Big-DD
That is the bullet I have to load...
I'll have to find that powder and give it a try...Thanks!!!

what powders do you have? you wont need anything special

IMR7828, H-IMR 4831, 4350, H870, RL22, Magnum, H1000.. have all given me great results in the past.

100 grain TTSX is wicked pushed by the 257 wby, btw :)

>what powders do you have? you
>wont need anything special
>
>IMR7828, H-IMR 4831, 4350, H870, RL22,
>Magnum, H1000.. have all given
>me great results in the
>past.
>
>100 grain TTSX is wicked pushed
>by the 257 wby, btw

>:)

Yup. That's what I'm currently shooting. Getting some unreal speeds (3700+) with a hefty charge of 7828SSC
2a0fcsk.gif

Tony, I've been impressed with the bullet so far. my buddy has shot 2 pronghorn with the TTSX/257 duo this year. accuracy/velocity and terminal performance is incredible! I would not hesitate using this bullet on elk or moose even.

I load for him and am also using 7828. but I am using old tin can IMR stock still, I do have a new plastic bottle of SSC I have yet to open.

I used to shoot the 115 TSX and it worked well for me on a nice Muley Buck and one Cow Elk, but Sportsmans was all out of them so I had to get the 100's. Looking forward to trying it out on a nice Buck in a couple weeks, been doing some lon grange shooting with it and feel real good out to 500.

2a0fcsk.gif

REDDOG, I have a lot of IMR4350 so I'm going to give that a try and see what I come up with. I will be trying them this evening.

What is your gun? I'd guess it's probably a newer one but some customs and German MK V's like mine's trist won't handle anything over 100 gr.

In any event the TSX and partition are the best for deer size game in my opinion.

I have a .257 accumark that I load for and all I ever use is a 100gr nosler partion. try R-22 W/FED 215 primers in weatherby brass, for about 3500 fps. 1" groups at 100 yrds about the norm. it dumps muleys hard!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom