.270 win. load data

hhunter23

i just got my re-loader and am anxious to say the least about getting my load going. ive searched the archives about 270s and wasnt able to turn up a whole lot of info. im currently shoot 140grn btsp hornady bullets and they shoot great through my gun but i want better. what are some of you more experienced re-loaders loading? my gun is a weatherby vanguard. topped with a leupold 3-9x40 LRD. thanks for all who reply.

"Shoot Straight"

I don't think you can beat the Hornady BTSP and that's all I shoot in three different calibers using IMR 4064 in my .243 and IMR 4350 in my 25-06 and 30-06s.

I like 130 sierra btsp, with Winchester 760. Look up that load, you won't be disappointed. (I can't remember specifics so I won't try to guess)

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

I load 130gr Accubonds over RL22 and have great results in my Browning A-Bolt. 1/2 inch groups at 100 yards.

RL 22 is my favorite powder for .270 Win and 130-150 gr bullets. You can pretty much use the same charge with the same bullet I stared with with the old surplus H4831, which was great too.

thank you all for the info! im excited to get pressing bullets out. another question is what kind of feet per second were you all getting? i dont have a chrony so i wont be able to tell. im in the market for one of those also.

"Shoot Straight"

The master Jack O'Connor used to like H4831 and 130g Nosler partitioned bullets. He packed them tight and shot them hot, but that was Jack. I used the same load way back when and shot lights out with mine...until I burned up the barrel! LOL

H4831 is about as close to perfect as you can get for the 270win..But there are lots of good powders out now

I use that bullet for deer and elk. Has never failed me. I use 59.5 gr of 4831. The Velocity is 3000 fps, Sub moa. Ron

I have been using the same load for my 270 for over 30 years.

58gr H4831 with 150 Nosler partition and match grade federal 210 primers, I have killed 12 elk with it and many deer. It is devastating and accurate.

I have also shot the same load with 140 Hornadys and found it to be very accurate in several different rifles. I now use the H4831SC because it meters a little easier. I try to seat the bullet as near the lands as possible, sometimes limited by the length of the magazine in the gun.

>I use that bullet for deer
>and elk. Has never failed
>me. I use 59.5 gr
>of 4831. The Velocity is
>3000 fps, Sub moa.
> Ron

+1 I use 130 gr. Nosler Partitions, 59.5 grs. H4831SC, and Federal 210 match primers.

Moose

Every hunting season you miss is one you can not make up

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom