270 wsm/ 7mm wsm?

I

IdahoCowboy

Anybody have one of these? Is so, how is the performance? Just curious.

copied from another post......

Howdy,
I have a light weight 7WSM synthetic stainless that until I put a decellerator recoil pad on it, it was a brute. Now its a ***** cat and shoots 1 inch groups with 150 gr. factory loads. I'll let you know about reloads! By the way, its a Winchester Mod. 70. IMHO, it is more versatile than the 270WSM. Better bullet choices.

Coach

thats true that there are more bullets choices in 284 but i have heard that the short neck on the 7mm wsm case has been giving realoders some headaches.i would go with the 270 wsm because it is the more popular of the two and the 7mm wsm is waning in popularity.theres only .o7 difference in bullet diameter between the two. you should check out www.shortmags.org

If you're gonna build a custom rig for a specific purpose and intend to use heavier bullets, I'd go with the 7mm (select the right barrel and twist rate). If you intend to stay within the lower bullet weight range (up to 150), it's almost a toss-up, with a slight edge to the .270.

Shot both, and hands down like the .270 WSM alot better. Choose it, and glad I did. Killed an antelope and a deer with it, both at over 400 yards, and both with one shot. Couldn't be happier.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom