270 WSM Setup

B

Buckmania

LAST EDITED ON Jan-07-07 AT 08:44PM (MST)[p]I'm looking at getting a .270 WSM and am wondering what gun to go with. I'm partial to Browning A-Bolt's in Stainless Stalker and have several but of the 5 I have only 2 of them shoot good to me. I've stuck with Browning's mostly because I like the detachable mag, safety location, stock design(comfort) and how light weight they are.

Anybody recommend something better?

I am a Remington guy but I have been looking at the Tikka T3 lite in .270 WSM. They had one at Sportsmans. Lightweight, nice action, and felt good in my hands.

I am going between the Remington XCR and the Tikka.

Tikka T3 lite.

Best rifle for the money in my opinion.

horsepoop.gif

I have the 270wsm in a Browning Silver/Gold Medallion..it is a tack driver right out of the box...Its a sweet gun!

I'm goign to have to check out the Tikka's, I haven't seen one of them yet.

Do you guys know if the XCR has the standard floor plate? Is the Mountain Rifle the only rifle that Remington makes with the detachable mag? The mag design is the only reason that I haven't got a Remington, but I do like the XCR.

I just purchased a Kimber Montana in 270 wsm. Can't wait to take it to the range when the weather warms up. I had such good luck with my Kimber Classic 300 wsm, I had to get another.
Not sure what the Brownings weigh, the Kimber Montana comes in at 6lbs 2 oz w/o scope.

Coulee,

Let us know how your Kimber performs. I've heard mixed opinions on accuracy...but it sure looks like it could be a great rifle.

Grizzly

My shooting buddies and I haven't seen an accurate Kimber yet and the Brownings aren't much better. I would go with a Sako Finnlight or Tikka.

TM

I stopped to see a friend today that was shooting his Kimber in 270wsm. He handed it to me and told me to shoot the three in it. I set down at his bench and shot a .375 inch 3 shot group. I said I didn't think those kimbers shot that good. His response was, " they do after you throw the kimber barrel away and replace it with a 3 groove Lilja."

I haven't heard of an accurate Kimber yet. Other than accuracy they are a beautiful gun.

JB

That was interesting information!

Well I guess that tells the story about what is weak with Kimbers.
At their price, they should have a good barrel, don't you think?

TM

I was a little skeptical about the Mod 700SPS until I saw how well they shoot...very accurate! Low price for a very solid rifle. The trigger is about the only thing I would change.

TM

The trigger is adjustible, but it depends on how light you like your trigger. From my experience, you can get two rifles exactly alike and they will shoot differently, may like different loads and bullets and even the triggers are a little different. I adjusted mine down as far as I could and it was still 4 lbs. I changed triggers and now I have the 2 1/2 lbs I like. Mine is very accurate!

TM

havent had a problem with my kimber 22-250 and accuracy. havent found a load that shoots .00000001 yet but i have shot loads that are minute of dead coyote, rabbit, prarire dog et al. killed a jack rabbit at 415 yards with it, good enough for me!
Casey

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom