270 WSM

BBB

Very Active Member
Okay, I'm looking at getting a 270 WSM. I'm pretty pumped about this purchase and want to make sure I choose the right set-up. I love both Remington and Browning. I'm looking at the X-Bolt, the titaniums (Rem and Browning),or a Finnlight Sako. What are your thoughts? What would you choose and what bullet. I want to shoot an Accubond. I've really enjoyed them in other rifles. 130 or 140..haven't decided yet. I'm thinking a 130 grain.

How many of you have 270 wsm and what do you think?

get a savage with accutrigger!
earnhardt-3-logo.gif

Great cartridge!!

Mine is a Model 70 stainless classic. Had her out this weekend and even with more than light breezes, shot my first sub 1/2" group with that setup. Sweet!

If i could see getting another .270 WSM it would be the Rem 700 Ti. i'd shoot the 140's or 150's in a good bullet that shoots really good in my gun and stick with it. Good luck!

Joey

I'm leanin' towards the Ti...which means it'll probably sit in the gun shelf for a year before I can buy my scope. I want a long distance scope but not too heavy (defeat the purpose of titanium action). I'm lookin at the 1" tube 40mm 4.5-14 vxIII with a mule deer etched into the side with target knobs!!!

I have a 270 wsm Winchester all weather rifle on order and can't wait to get one I will be waiting until November but I love the balistics for that caliber. Good luck let us know how it shoots once you decide.

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer or elk but how he hunted it.

The new Remington Alaskan Ti in 270WSM would be a nice combo. I just got the new Ti in 25-06 - thought about the 270WSM but always wanted a 25-06. They are way overpriced but I'm a Remington guy so I went ahead did it anyway. Also lucked out with mine since it shots well under 1" inch with 100 grain TSX ammo. If you get one you will be happy with it. I just put a new Leupold Mark 2 3x9-40MM with Long Range reticle on it, have yet to shoot it with the new scope - hope to break it in this year in Wyoming on antelope.

Get the Ti, you will be happy with it.

I have the rem XCR700 with VXIII 3.5-10. I reload accubonds 140gr with 60.5gr of IMR4350. I can am shooting 5 shot groups under a inch at 100yrds. A friend just ordered 700 CDL SF. It looks like a very nice gun.
Bake

I have a 270 WSM and a 300 WSM. Both mine are Kimbers, both topped with Leupold VXIII 3.5-10. I would not trade either one. The 270 likes Federal Premium 140gr Accubonds really well. That round did a fantastic job for me last fall. Enjoy your new toy!

Besides the new extreme weather coating on the XCR's, what other specs are unique to that model? Anyone know what the CDL SL weighs? Thanks.

I would like to hear the reports of the recoil in the Rem. Ti model with the 270wsm. I think that would be a decent kick, just wondered about those who own it in that cartridge.

BBB you can go to Remington's web site and get the specs on all their guns to help you compare and decide.

Ive been shooting my Winchester for 4 or 5 years now and absolutley love it. The Accubonds are a great choice my gun loves them.

I would not recommend buying a Remington in any WSM caliber. I owned both a 270WSM and 300WSM in a Remington 700 SPS and neither rifle cycled bullets smoothly at all! It seems the short fat rounds are not a good fit for the Remington actions. I sold both rifles and bought a Browning TI 270WSM. The fat rounds cycle smooth as glass and the rifle is a joy to pack around. I shot some Federal Fusion 150grn rounds I had left over and the gun shot sub-moa groups. I am going to shoot both Accubond 140grn and Barnes Tipped TSX 130grn bullets and see which bullets it likes best. Good Luck this season. Eship

eship i have a 270wsm in an sps it did feed a little bit rough but it shot well but i took it and got it glass beded and beded the action and had the smith smooth up the bolt and it feeds as smooth as glass. if i was to buy another one right now i would probably buy the rem ti i like the browning ti but i like remington guns!

get a Christensen arms 270 WSM, built around a browning X or A bolt
with a timmy trigger. I have a Christensen arms 300 WSM built on a browning A bolt, shot an elk with it this year at 702 yards

I have the 270wsm in a browning A-bolt and love it. It was a tack driver right out of the box.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom