29 public access

Trad Bow 1979

Hello everyone, hope all is well. I currently have 3 pp for elk. Given the cost to buy PP in CO every year for a NR I think 3 points is all I want to invest. I’m thinking I will apply in the future for archery elk in 29. This unit is very busted up with private and public land. Is a lot of the National forest land locked? Just wondering how difficult it is to access public land in that unit. Thanks guys

29...... no,no,no,no. Literally the worst possible unit you could of found. Trying to hunt in that unit is like trying to buy a prostitute in Utah to put it frankly.

Best metaphorical phrase I could come up with haha honestly it’s Boulder County that’s the first thing you’re going to have to deal with... tons of hikers, bikers and granola crunching anti hunters running around in the hills come September. Not exactly the most welcoming place to hunt that’s for sure.

Thank you for the info guys! I will look else where for prostitutes too LOL. Well I want to stick to a unit in the 3 pp range but I guess it’s back to square one. Thank you

Your roses sound more like BS, but thank you

Actually it's right on the money if you've ever heard the phrase "life is like a bed of roses, you just need to watch out for the pricks!" I've got a buddy who hunts it regularly. There are some good animals in there. The trouble is its broken up property, and many of the property owners think they own the roads and post property that is public. They will call you in or pull a gun on you. Its just never seemed worth the hassle to me. Savvy? Look forward to your annual "how does the full moon affect elk movement" post. You are welcome!

Actually it's right on the money if you've ever heard the phrase "life is like a bed of roses, you just need to watch out for the pricks!" I've got a buddy who hunts it regularly. There are some good animals in there. The trouble is its broken up property, and many of the property owners think they own the roads and post property that is public. They will call you in or pull a gun on you. Its just never seemed worth the hassle to me. Savvy? Look forward to your annual "how does the full moon affect elk movement" post. You are welcome!

LMAO! I’ve never met a squid that talks trash, at least not in person. Thanks for info man. That’s exactly what I was asking about for the unit. I can see that it is busted up but I was curious as to the actual access. The harvest reports look good but your info is exactly what I needed. FYI I have actually found over the years that moon phases do not seem to matter. ?

LMAO! I’ve never met a squid that talks trash, at least not in person. Thanks for info man. That’s exactly what I was asking about for the unit. I can see that it is busted up but I was curious as to the actual access. The harvest reports look good but your info is exactly what I needed. FYI I have actually found over the years that moon phases do not seem to matter. ?

I've talked trash my whole life!? And I'd talk it to you in person too! Course you'd see the chit eatin grin and you'd talk it back and we'd both get a good laugh! And that's Mr. Squid to you grunt! Good luck this fall brotha!

55845491_891987714511045_209502418730221568_n.jpg

Last edited:
not a very fun unit to hunt for aforementioned reasons, too many people in general.... hikers, and hunters in the spots that look good and accessable on map. i wouldn't hunt there if i had other choices.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom