2A First Deer Hunt

nmelknut

LAST EDITED ON Oct-25-08 AT 06:34PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Oct-25-08 AT 06:29?PM (MST)

got his buck 1st. thing this morning 150 yd. shot

4903ba2a43318d7a.jpg

4903ba5c440ec911.jpg

4903ba8c44e077f5.jpg

4903baae4573e643.jpg

4903bace46825ae1.jpg

sorry about all the pictures, but am very proud of him. 10yrs. old and very excited. first animal he's ever taken. took 2 shots to figure out he was over excited. finally hitting him on the 3rd. shot. all this from a single shot .243

Nice work!! My boy had to take a couple of shots to "clean the dust out of the barrel" too, and your story brought out opressed memories of a little buck fever I may or may not have had when I was that age.

Backstrap at NMelknuts house tonight! Awesome job, and nice buck.

Congrats to you and your son! That is a perfect first buck and one that neither he nor you will ever forget. You will be glad you took a bunch of pictures because there is only one "first" big game animal. Thanks for sharing and enjoy the eating, looks like a great harvest for the winter. -Cody

Kudos to u and your son!! very nice first buck for him!! hope u took bunches of pictures!!!

again CONGRATS!!!!

vinihunt

Tell your son congrats on the buck, he'll remember this one forever. Killed my first bull this year, a raghorn but nonetheless a trophy in my book.

Very Nice he's gots a big body on him, looks like he filled the freezer for you all.

+Thanks for the compliments on my first deer!!!I'll remember it forever.I shot 4 times at that deer.I shot it on my 3rd shot.It took 30 minnuits to find that deer.He was hard to loud into the truck.Talon

Congratulations nmelknut
What a fine buck you have, Their is nothing like being in the field with your Dad and being successful, Those will be days you will Cherish for the rest of your life.
We also just got back from my sons 2A youth hunt which he was also successful. I would show you his Buck but don't know how to load them on here.

So again Congratulations.

Congrats on a great buck , man thats just classic right there and memories to last a lifetime. No need to ever say sorry for a bunch of great pictures , man that just fuels the fire, thanks for sharing it with us...NM

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom