Unit 68 4th season deer info needed

a3dhunter

Hello guys, former member from 20 years ago that stopped posting much and evidently got deleted due to inactivity.

Anyway, Colorado resident, looking at burning 11 points for my wife to draw a 68 tag 4th season. Have any of you hunted it that can provide info?
Feel free to pm me.
I've hunted a lot of Colorado, but i usually burn my deer points by the time I get to 1 or 2, so no experience with these higher point deer hunts.
Is there a unit doing better right now?
I know the stats, been through cpw statistics for years on these units, and have been watching stats for the last 4 years on about 12-13 different hunt codes. Just checking to see if I missed something.
Not looking for a huge buck, she would be thrilled with a nice 160-165" but hoping for potential of a little better.
Thanks guys.

Hello guys, former member from 20 years ago that stopped posting much and evidently got deleted due to inactivity.

Anyway, Colorado resident, looking at burning 11 points for my wife to draw a 68 tag 4th season. Have any of you hunted it that can provide info?
Feel free to pm me.
I've hunted a lot of Colorado, but i usually burn my deer points by the time I get to 1 or 2, so no experience with these higher point deer hunts.
Is there a unit doing better right now?
I know the stats, been through cpw statistics for years on these units, and have been watching stats for the last 4 years on about 12-13 different hunt codes. Just checking to see if I missed something.
Not looking for a huge buck, she would be thrilled with a nice 160-165" but hoping for potential of a little better.
Thanks guys.
I’m not up on unit 68 recently for hunting, but you might want to check out Unit 53- 2 nd or 3 rd season- it may be a decent possibility. Worth a check I think. The rest of the Gunnison Basin areas are just not 😌 good now, from what I understand about them. I drew 67-3- several years ago, but it looked way off & I turned the tag back to save the points for another day.
Glad I returned that tag. Sorry I’m not much help !
Best of Luck !

I’m not up on unit 68 recently for hunting, but you might want to check out Unit 53- 2 nd or 3 rd season- it may be a decent possibility. Worth a check I think. The rest of the Gunnison Basin areas are just not 😌 good now, from what I understand about them. I drew 67-3- several years ago, but it looked way off & I turned the tag back to save the points for another day.
Glad I returned that tag. Sorry I’m not much help !
Best of Luck !
Thanks Jerry, I'll check it out.

68 has gone down hill. You should be able to turn up 150-160 with a decent chance at turning up bigger during 4th.

But it has been tough to turn up bigger bucks the last 4-5 years.

68 isn't Gunny in my opinion. That being said, I've always wished I could try a later season tag there. I don't worry about how bad it is now compared to how how awesome it was.

Yeah, I feel like things have gone downhill all around, now we just have to accept it and move on. Make the best of the hunts we can draw.

68 isn't Gunny in my opinion. That being said, I've always wished I could try a later season tag there. I don't worry about how bad it is now compared to how how awesome it was.

Exactly. I wasted 20 years on some hunts waiting for it to come back and they're worse now than when they went bad. there are few if any hunts for any species that are getting better so just hunt.

Had a tag in 68 a few years back, killed an ok buck. I’ve heard it’s not producing in the most recent years. I do like the unit though. Really fun hunt.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom