2B in january

colofireguy

I am looking for a little info. I have the 2B jan bowhunt. I have been out scouting and looking around, and really haven't found much of anything to get excited about. This morning i drove up 310 across to the rosa road and down to Simms mesa. I only seen 20 or so deer with 3 small bucks. I am new to the area and would really like to make the most out of this tag. Any help or advise would be appreciated.

Best bet is to get away from the main roads & glass.

Many people who draw this tag pray for snow in hopes that it will move more deer down from the N side of the San Juan, but it's actually a double edged sword because it always seems to thaw a little and then it's frozen and extremely crunchy come crunch time (pun intended).

There aren't as many deer as there were several years ago, but a few huge Tom cats have recently been taken from this area which should help some, but new cats will quickly move in to take over this new vacated territory.

Good luck to ya.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom