2B

Gator

Long Time Member
How's the weather been up that way, did the storm that hit Colorado get down that far.

Hey Gator,
there hasn't been much weather in a good for hunting kind of way happen there.I spoke to my brother who was in Largo yesterday and he said he just saw elk.

That true but if the weather pattern(jetflow) is sending down some rain now that means later in the season it will be sending down some white stuff, maybe some early snow. Keeping the fingers crossed.

Good point! I don't have a tag for 2b, but my son does have a youth tag. I would love to see alot of snow before oct 18!

LAST EDITED ON Aug-29-08 AT 03:49PM (MST)[p]Gator , I just got off the phone with Mike. He said up towards Dulce and Carracas Mesa they got rain and that portion of southern CO has gotten good rain and thats where the deer are right now any how. Down low in the Mestenas and Cabresto area and lower towards Gobernador its real dry. He has been cowboying every weekend on the Gomez Ranch gathering cattle and it's dry there and he said the deer haven't moved down into the area at all. But the important thing is up in southern CO where the deer are they have gotten good rain and grass. On a sad note from the resident deer, a truck slammed into a real good 4x4 monday evening, he said is about 26-27 and just a real pretty rack , but non the less thats one less buck to be had....Larry

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom