2blades

scopenstalk

Im just curious how some of you more experienced archers view 2 blade broadheads .... How do they fly out of compound bows.... how are their blood trails.... ect.. any info would be alot of help.

Put in the right place they work fine. They can have a tendency to plane at high speed. They seem to work best with a heavier, slower arrow. In general, blood trails are obviously not going to be as profuse as they might be with a 3 or 4 blade but a lot of that depends on shot placement too.

For low poundage or traditional gear 2 blades are great, but for most other setups stick with 3 and 4 blades IMO.

Some of the best blood trails I've seen have come from traditional stype 2 bladed heads. I shot them for years out of my traditional equipment and my compound with very good results. Some fly better than others.......you won't find stingers and similar type heads planing....JMO

BOHNTR )))---------->

I shoot nothing but two blade magnus stingers and they fly great and penetrate extremely well(thru a cow elks shoulder at 60yards last year). I was not aiming for the shoulder but hit a bit forward and the two blade went thru her shoulder blade and into her lungs. I am not sure a 3 or 4 blade would have pushed thru at that distance. Also I shoot a heavy carbon arrow and I like the results I see. I have tried some three blade and stingers with bleeders but always go back to the old two blade head that kills so good for me.
Mike

I SHOOT A 2 BLADE MECHANICAL CALLED A SWACKER WHICH HAD BEEN CALLED A SONORAN. I HAVE BEEN SO IMPRESSED WITH THE AMOUNT OF BLOOD THE BROADHEADS PRODUCES AND BELIEVE ME I WAS ONE THAT SAID I WOULD NEVER SHOOT A MECHANICAL HEAD.I AM 8 FOR 8 ON RECOVERY BIG GAME ANIMALS WITH THESE HEADS. YOU CAN CHECK OUT THESE BROADHEADS ON WWW.SONORANBOWHUNTING.COM.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom