2nd choice question

chipc

Very Active Member
I'd like to apply for a full price cow tag in a limited quota area without jeopardizing my accumulated preference points. I'd have to draw it as my second choice for that to happen. So, on my application would I leave the first choice blank and fill in the unit and type for the second choice ? THANKS for your advice ! Chip

No you have to have a first choice on your app...put down a limited entry bull permit you've always wanted there and the cow as a 2nd choice.

Thanks Brad. The Wyo GFD just got back to me on that. They said that they've had several people ask that question. Sure would be nice if you could do that. Hmmm... I don't have max points so maybe I'll just apply for 100 as my first choice. less than 1% odds and if I draw I guess I'll figure it out then. Thanks again. Chip

Chip
Like TX stated if you don't want to draw a tag put in for a unit like 30 or 124. There were no non resident tags available in the random draw.

That makes even more sense. I was going to dig a little deeper in the odds to check some of those units out. THANKS !

Yes, but why give up a chance (any chance) at a great tag like area 100, especially if you don't have a lot of points. You have to play if you want to win!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom