2nd Rifle Unit 55

BigBuckz

I got a 2nd rifle unit 55 tag this year for deer. Was wondering how things are looking this year numbers and quality? We will be camping in a wall tent is there plenty of places to camp? I will take any input from others who have hunted it if they are willing to share.

Anybody know how the weather/snow is looking out there on 55? Hopefully its getting the bucks moving a little bit.

Anybody know how the weather/snow is looking out there on 55? Hopefully its getting the bucks moving a little bit.
Cold and a little snow. About as good as you can hope for in Oct.
674A7186-688A-45B4-A1AF-6215A7D26B79.jpeg

Iam across the basin from 55 in another unit but yes they starting to be around the does. Been scouting for four days now, the cold and snow has a few bucks confused. It should be a great second season. A little more snow tomorrow night forecasted also.

Both me and my Dad tagged out on a couple nice mature bucks. Tough hunt very little to no rut activity. Lots of elk hunting pressure. We seen good numbers of deer does, and little bucks. It was a struggle to find anything in the older mature age class. For the points it takes to draw I would say the quality was a little disappointing.

Both me and my Dad tagged out on a couple nice mature bucks. Tough hunt very little to no rut activity. Lots of elk hunting pressure. We seen good numbers of deer does, and little bucks. It was a struggle to find anything in the older mature age class. For the points it takes to draw I would say the quality was a little disappointing.
Lets see some pics,,,

Pics?

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom