2nd Season

Everyone is boycotting Colorado remember??? There are no pics to be seen. Turns out not a single out of state hunter came hunting this year...

4afddbfa2842588e.jpg

Here is mine and my friends 2nd season bucks from unit #3 /301 i have been hunting this area since 2004 this year was the slowest/ fewest deer sightings I've ever seen! My friends buck was a stag no testicals still in full velvet! I killed my buck today with 10 min left to hunt. I saw one other buck about like this one just wider I also saw some huge bulls killed by other people in trucks.
FAC8FE35-AE53-467D-883F-5D1371412242-453-0000001F17A80996_zpscc177bd7.jpg

E5B79345-B841-4042-820C-93B9572B85E5-453-0000001F2FAF0CE6_zpsc1a172d9.jpg

CF86EF08-6EAD-4B02-9884-E7F49C98FE57-453-0000001C6B2AC06B_zps92852198.jpg

That's a nice deer thicketmaster, thanks for sharing. Love the picture in the truck with scenery in background.

>That's a nice deer thicketmaster, thanks
>for sharing. Love the picture
>in the truck with scenery
>in background.

I agree. Good buck and nice scenery picture with the mountains in the background.

Here is a nice 32" from opening morning in 2nd season Colorado by a friend of mine....that same morning another one in the group nailed a 6x6 Bull green score over 300".

4808jackscobuck1.jpg

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

It's been the toughest year I've seen in a while. The warm temps make it tough. They're wearing their coats rated at 20 below zero, so even 30 degrees in the morning is somewhat warm.
I'm getting my butt handed to me. I guess on the bright side, I don't have to pay for taxidermy! And no packing meat out and spending all day butchering it....... I'd rather kill a big one. One day left for me.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com

Got mine last Sunday, He was the biggest Id seen in 2 days of scouting and 2 days of hunting. He was still in Velvet and had a ball bag but no TESTIES!!! biggest fork I ever seen had a ton of fat on him!!!
3626photo2x2.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Oct-28-13 AT 09:31PM (MST)[p]I talked to a taxidermist the other day he told me that blue tongue was probably the cause of the stags? Anybody ever heard of that? Mechuck that's a nice deer congrats! Was his antlers soft? The tips of my friends was. We done some research on velvet bucks & the best method for preserving them was to have it freeze dried so my buddy's shipping his to somebody.

I hunted unit 33 with my wife. It sucked. I am not sure if I will ever hunt it again. Too many people not one buck over 3 years old. I never once even got excited. We hunted our butts off, seeing over 14 legal bulls and at least over 300 and one real close.

The deer were not moving and the road hunters shot every single spike/forky in the area (no kidding I know of 14 spikes that were shot off the does).

Overall the hunt quality sucked, too many atvs and no animals. Weather was rough, but we never saw a single buck that was over 3 years old.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom