2nd season

Hatrick

I was wondering if I could get some input on the second rifle season. We always hunt the first season for limited elk and do ok with bulls. My question is what is the pressure like for the second season in general. We are thinking bout going the second season to have a few more days than 5. The area we hunt does not have many mule deer so the pressure from deer hunters i would think would be hardly at all... I'm thinking most guys go the second season to get in on the deer hunting... Am I wrong on that assumption?? Thanks guys-Hatrick

If you have hunted elk in the first season and done OK with no deer hunters around I would say stick with it. If you're thinking about a second season Elk Hunt and with deer season included of course there will be more hunting pressure. The only way you will know for sure is to give second season a try and get some first-hand experience.. Go ahead and give it a try this year and see how you like it and if not go back to the first season next year.

I personally have hunter the second season the past couple years after switching from first. I've killed more bulls in the second and third now than the first. I personally like having 9 days over 5 to hunt and majority of people that hunt second typically don't have it them to hunt hard more than a handful of days. Things typically get pretty quiet come Tuesday/Wednesday.

Coloradoboy

>I personally have hunter the second
>season the past couple years
>after switching from first. I've
>killed more bulls in the
>second and third now than
>the first. I personally like
>having 9 days over 5
>to hunt and majority of
>people that hunt second typically
>don't have it them to
>hunt hard more than a
>handful of days. Things typically
>get pretty quiet come Tuesday/Wednesday.
>
>
>Coloradoboy

That is a very good point. Never really considered that angle

Colorado boy has some good points although I will always take 1st season over 2nd due to alot less hunters and the fact they haven't been hunted in 2+ weeks.(this is based on the unit I hunt, each area is obviously different) If you do have the vacation time to hunt the whole 9 day 2nd season I say go for it though.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom