3 inch groups 50 yards.

C

coyote456

I have a question for all of you who shoot beyond 50 yards. Im shooting 3inch groups at 50 yards but when i take it out to 60 im all over the place it could be me but im usually pretty good out to 60. I just bought the bow its a pse brute 27 1/2 draw shooting 62 pounds at 267 feet per second plenty of distance has anyone had this problem and what can i do to change it any help would work

You may be doing this already but....while shooting.....focus on the target and not the pin. I have seen this work wonders for many.

If that doesn't work, you are comfortable at 50.....are you panicking at 60?

Take your time, if you start shooting unlike you want, take a break and come back to it.

I wish I could be of more help for ya!

Jared "J-Rod" Bloomgren

www.facebook.com/jaredbloomgren

+1 Bloom

This to me is one of the hardest things when it comes to shooting my bow. I'm a long distance paper shooter and the thing that I think kills me is doing the EXACT same thing shot after shot: fitting the peep sight right around the housing of the sight, getting my other 3-4 anchors set just right, putting my hand on the bow the same, and pulling the shot off with my back tension release with the same motion, and trying not to shift me feet between shots.

What I try to do to help me remember all this is having mental checklist that i run throught every shot. Maybe this will help, Maybe you already do all this!

would have to agree with all the above.

The mechanics of the bow are not changing or you would not get consistent accuracy at any yardage. So, that leaves you in the variable equation, can't tell you what, but you are doing something different.

Been there myself, it can be frustrating but don't let it. Take your time and step by step figure it out.

Another thing some people do at longer ranges is instead of bending at the waist they shift their anchor point or something else to raise that bow up and get their 60 yd pin on target. Make sure you're form is the same and if you're still all over the place, get smaller pins...

Mike

If its a little breezy, that extra yardage could start pushing your arrows around a little more.

Lots of good info ahead of me though.

Coyote: All good suggestions above I'm wondering #1 If you transferred your same sight from your old bow where you were not experiencing these problems? #2 If you are using the same sight/size sight pins and diamiter peep/kisser button/ then I would suggest just keep practicing your form and release at the longer yardages until you get used to your new bow. It is so critical at that 60yd range to have a smooth release and follow through looking through that sight until your arrow is well away towards your target. Doing the "follow through" will also tighten up that 50yd 3in. group.

Good luck

))))------->

i have this same issue but i found for myself is to start at 60 yards then go to 50 yards. not sure why, but maybe it builds my confidence to keeo more steady

Thanks guys and for trophyhunters question i am shooting the same sight of my AR velocity i purchased it last year. The funny thing is my 20 and 30 pin was dead on right off my other bow but Ive had to adjust my 40,50 and 60 yard pin and Im useing the smallest pins available because I like to see what Im shooting at all distances.

+1 on all the advise metioned. I would also recommend to really focus on your follow through and make sure you dont peak. I catch myself pulling my head to watch my arrow fly at farther distances. To fix it I focus on keeping my pin aimed at the target until i hear the arrow hit. Seems to help me keep my head. Good luck.

You could try shooting a smaller diameter arrow ex 300 spine, it will help with penetration and wind drifts. which make them fly alot better at farther yardages. just my 2 cents

Only one thing not mentioned and that is what vane and offset or helical are you using?

Cheers,
Pete

use your 50 pin and pretend yout shooting at 50 but just aim higher at 60 yards maybe its a mental block. if they group better then its just a mental block for you. if not make sure your arrow spine weight is right for your bow?

I just wanted to say thanks again guys for the advice im now shooting 2inch groups at 60 yards with my broad heads and pretty much cutting feathers off my arrows at 20,30,40 yards.

Well, what ended up being the issue? You can't just leave us hangin' like that!

"The problem with quotes on Internet Forums is that it is often difficult to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom