3 new bow hunts

Aaron

With me being someone with alot of points as a non resident wich bow hunt do u think is going to be a great hunt. I just wanted to see what your guys thoughts are on the new hunts and is there any one that will stand out above the rest.

I think the new Hart Mt. tag has a chance to be a really good tag. For myself I think I will be puting in for West Beulah late archery hunt. A few years back I was in that area on a elk hunt and saw some real nice bucks.

ill be puttin in for the west beulah too seen some monsters up there. hey silverlake176 how did you do on the late elk hunts up their always wondered how it was?

As far as these 3 hunts go. I would Say Hart is the one that is going to be all or nothing. If the bucks have not migrated off it will be insane Pre-rut muleys on Hart would be the hunt of a lifetime. Knowing that refuge like I do a person stands a chance at something stupid big on this hunt.

Then we go to SE Whitehorse or the Beulah hunt. Does anyone have a quarter. In my opinion both of these hunts have incredible gene pools. If you get the weather the Beulah hunt will be total insanity if the bucks come out of the High lands. That being said it could be tough to get on some private lands. The SE hunt ummm yeah Owyhee River Breaks bucks in the Rut. If you get the weather a true slug could come out of one of these hunts. If I had max points I still have to say the Hart Hunt.

Dave

I have been in Hart MT a couple of times with the video Cam but i have not seen a good deer in there yet. I have seen alot of 140 to 160 class bucks and maybe one or two in the mid 170s. I have heard stories about the monsters on there but i have not seen a big deer come off that place in at least 10 years. There might have been i just have not seen any. I meet the ole man that used to have a gas station out there at the bottom of the mt and he showed me his monsters he had shot of horse back before there was a road system up there. The man had 4 bucks over 40 inches and one 38 incher all mounted. He had to be some sort of legend in that area in his time. I have never seen anything like it ever. I just wish it was like the old days.lol Do U think they will even be in the rut by nov 7?

Aaron finding a big deer on hart is tough I mean real real tough. I have been going there since I was 12 and have spent more miles on that mountain then I care to share. There is a 11x9 that made it thru the Archery season and muzzleloader. I saw him everyday of the hunt during archery season. No one was hunting anywhere near him he was a stud. Up high there were a few 180 class bucks. The deer will be pre-rut. They will be walking stiff legged and looking for girls big time. They always show last week of October the bucks come out. I just hope they do not kill all of the Big Bucks but they should kill some absolute studs off of this hunt.

I might be apt to try for the Beulah hunt, I have seen some seriously big bucks in there during archery season, can't imagine what I'd see during the rut.

I like the fact that these 3 new hunts should take some serious drawing pressure off of some of the other deer hunts.

Ya no kidding, now if only there were something to take the drawing pressure off of archery elk hunts. Last year there were 2259 hunters that applied for the Wenaha, up from 1655 just the year before.

Back
Top Bottom