30-06 LOADS,WHATS YOUR FAVORITE?

B

BCBUGSY

Howdy folks,I have been loading 30-06 for other people and have used reloader 22 w/hornady 165 interlocks.But now that I am going to get serious and load it for myself I thought that it might not hurt to find out what has worked for others and try a few different loads.I am going to use either the hornady 165 or 180 grain interlocks.I have heard people mention loads with 4350 and 4198 with good things to say.I would be interested if you can tell me what kind of velocity you are able to achieve with your loads aswell. Thanks in advance Bugsy.

Howdy,

Bugs, what's up Doc??? I just couldn't resist that!

Winchester cases
CCI or Federal primers
H4350 56 to 57.5 grains
165 Speer or Sierra flat base bullet.

I would reduce the 56 grains of H4350 down to 52 and work up slowly, especially if you want to use the Hornady bullets.

Good shooting and hope this helps.

Coach

i use h4831 powder, 165 gr. hornady boat tails. shoot 57 gr's of powder. works real well in my rifle. my brother shoots the same loads. both are model old 70's with 24 inch barrels. one thing about an '06, you have a lot of options. and start lower on the powder. different throat lengths make a lot of difference in the pressure.

RLH,I just picked up a mod 7o xtr w/24 inch barrell.Probably pretty close to what you have.Shoots great with factory ammo and looking forward to trying out the reloads.Thanks for the info,Bugsy.

I really dont like Hornady Interlocker bullets, so I use 180gr Serria Gamekings and my -06 like those bullets also. I can get 1" groups without even playing with the loads. The first load I tried and have used sence then was 54grs of H414 with winchester primers but planing to start using Federal Mag primers. Cases I like to use are R-P brass just because they size easyer than Fed. or Win. Hope this helps and speed is around 2800FPS out of a 24" barrel Ruger 77 MKII stainless. Thanks Jovan

Thanks for the input fella's.And bcwill yes I am still trying to get my hands on a 300 win mag.Thanks for reminding me!And like I said thanks for the load info.Bugsy.

I have a m70 post 64 with a 22 inch tube. My gun likes 165 gr speer spitzers over 60.5 grains of H4831sc. It will group sub MOA, the round works great on deer. I started playing around with 165gr barnes XLC had to use H4350 worked up to 59 gr with the bullet about .050 off the lands, very accurate 2850 fps chronographed.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom