300 REM ULTRA MAG

MULEYZ

I ENDED UP WITH A 300 ULTRA MAG SENDERO EARLIER THIS YEAR AND CANT GET ANY LOADS TO WORK.GROUPING AROUND 2 INCHES AT A 100 YARDS AND CANT SEEM TO PULL THEM IN.ANYONE HAVE ANY RECIPES THAT WORK?
THANKS MULEYZ

LAST EDITED ON Jul-30-03 AT 01:05AM (MST)[p]I also have a sendero and I shoot dime size groups at 100 yds,

82grns 4831
rem 91/2 primer
180gr Combind technology bullet moly coated.
http://www.nosler.com/partitiongold.html
I have killed 3 elk with this load bad to the bone.
Get your COL app 5-10 thousandths off of the lands, or to the maximun legnth in the magazine.
any more questions e-mail me @ [email protected]

My 300 Ultra Mag. loves the 180gr. Scirocco factory loads from Remington. Shoots'um 1" or less at 100yds. I'm currently working up a load with the 150gr. Hornady SST bullet and IMR4350 powder. Once I "fine tune" the load, I'll post it. (Oh yeah, my rifle is a Savage Weather Warrior)

I had a simmular problem in a simmular caliber and all it took was changing the primer
I now use the hottest primer available
federal gm215m
thay are match grade primers for all large magnum calbers

I had some trouble initially with mine keeping a tight group as well. Ultimately (for now) I've settled on a NOlser 165gr Partition on top of H4350 (I don't have the recipe with me as I am at work..LOL) and using a CCI 250 primer. It's under an inch, but we all want it as tight as possible, so I'll keep working on it.

warbird might have the answer. those real high capacity cartridges need a blow torch for a primer. get the hottest one they make. you might be experiencing a little hangfire.

I have the same set-up and get 1" groups with factory ammo, both 180 grain nosler partition and the swift scirocco. Nothing exceptional, but adequate for factory ammo.
Cary

You didn't say what game you are after, but for an elk load try 92 grains of RL-25 with Nosler's new Accubond. This load is max in my Remington 700, so you may want to start with a lower charge. The Accubond is a 200 grain bonded bullet and groups five shots that I can cover with a nickel at 100 yards. For deer or antelope try 95 grains or RL-25 with a 180 grain Nosler Ballistic Tip. My rifle loves Rl-25 powder, yours may be different. Hope thins helps.

RL 25,96 gr. and nosler partions with this combination i am getting 1/2 inch groups, all bullets were 180 gr. scirracos,ballistic tips,hornaday, and many others. all inch to inch and half with this powder. i would check to make sure your barrel if free floated all the way back. i also had problems with a another big magnum breaking the screws on the rearscope ring .Had to go with duel dove tail rings to solve my problem.

JUst got some new reloding info that will help
powdwer type
hodgdon RUTUMBO powder use 100.5 grains of powder
180 grain bullet like nosler ballistic tip to start
remington 9 1\2M primer
use case overall length of 3.530
velocity should be approx 3300 fps
try it let me know

goog luck

Loads could certainly be one factor in your groupings. A more likely one is your ability to gently sqeeze the trigger and not flinch when that bad boy goes off. I would suggest you seriously consider taking your Sendero to a good gun smith and having your trigger adjusted to 3 lbs, and a good muzzle break installed. A Vais muzzle break is as good as they come. After that the rest is up to you, even with factory loads.

I shoot 180 gr Nosler Partition bullets in front of 96.0 grains of RL-25 powder and Federal 215 primers. From a bench I consistantly obtain 0.5" groups at 100 yards. Using a bypod in a prone position I can keep the groups within 1" at 100 yards. Please don't ask what my groups are shooting off-hand. I obtain the same results from a 180 grain Barnes XLC bullet and 100 grains of Ramshot Magnum powder and a Federal 215 primer. In both loads my muzzle velocity is around 3,400 fps. Good luck.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom