.300 RUM Berger Bullet Recipes?

i emailed berger and walt sent me some info. i went with his max load of 96g of retumbo. knocked down a spike bull at 600yards last year with it. i havent tried the 190s, but my gun really likes the 210s...personally id go a little heavier...

+1 on the 210vld and retumbo! Buddies gun loves that combo. Work up from 88gr with the 210. Also rl25 and magnum will work.

I never considered the 210 VLD. I'll try both to see which one the gun likes the best. Thanks guys any info is a huge help. Thanks

Unless it's changed, Bergers info is from Quickload. I think you'll find it a little conservative. I load the 190 with RL-25. Shoots little holes in paper, but I haven't had the nuts to put one in a critter yet. mtmuley

Mtnmuley, thanks for the info, so when you say they're a little conservative, what do you mean? In which area? Like the powder charge wise? I'm just trying to do all the homework I can on it, and hear what works for you guys.

So far, I am 4 grains over the Berger data. No problems so far, but it shoots well so I see no reason push it further. Start with what Berger reccomends and work up. mtmuley

mtm...what velocity are you getting w/ the 210berg?, im assuming you are doing 96g of retumbo? im getting ~3050 out of 92g...wondering if the velocity gain is worth pushing the envelope...dont want to blow my face off for an extra 50fps...but 150 may be worth it...

mtmuley - what bullet do you put in elk out of your 300RUM? 200gr Accubond? I think I saw a post a while ago but can't remember. If so, does it group as well as the 190 Berger? Thanks

The 200 grain Accubond is my go-to load. I even use it for antelope. It will group 1/2 inch at 100 regularly when I do my part. mtmuley

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom