.300 RUM Reloading

hunt1

I've got 10 boxes of brass accumulated and figured I might try my hand at reloading. I was looking at the 180 gr. nosler and barnes triple as possible bullets. Anybody have some suggestions, experience, etc. on bullets, loads, etc. concerning this caliber.
Happy Hunting,
Brandon

Brandon, I have been reloading for my .300 RUM for two years. Last summer I put over 400 rounds of handloaded ammo through my rifle. I have loaded bullets from 125 grains to 200 grains. If you specify what you will be hunting, I can go into more detail. Some of my loads will shoot groups as small as 3/8 inch. I am not saying your rifle will do the same, but I bet I can steer you in the right direction. I am not sure about how to go about personal messages, but if you want detailed info I will be happy to do what I can. mtmuley

Hunt 1
I have been reloading my 300 RUM for two years as well. My sugestion is to buy the latest Nosler book and start from there. I am partial to Nosler, but any reputable bullett manufacturers book will do. No two rifles will shoot the same. You must experiment with powders and bulletts to find the one that shoots best in your gun for the quarry you seek.
Besides, it is fun to play around with different loads.
Sure you may find some load info on this site, but true knowledge comes from failure.
Have fun and poke a lot of paper with you 300. It is an awesome round.

"We must HUNT"

For 180gr bullets, I think RL25 is the go to powder for .300UM
s. At least the one I had, and countless folks on line.

Just seems to be good match.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom