$300 Scope

bragabit

Looking for a quality scope for my sons new rifle. I want one with holdover points. 40-44mm objective. 3x9,10, or maybe 4-12 power. I really don't want to spend over $300. Always been a Leupold fan. Looking at either VX1 4X12X40,or VX11 3x9X40. Also looking at Vortex Diamondback 3x9, or 4x12. or viper 3x9. Any other suggestions? Opinions?

LAST EDITED ON Mar-28-12 AT 11:12AM (MST)[p]Can't go wrong with a leupold with the LRD reticle. Id also check with Doug @ cameraland. I know he has a lot of scopes right now. I just saw he has a few Viper HS on sale for 399. Great scope.

you might check out Cabelas Alaskan guide scopes. I have one and really like it, I also have a couple leupolds that I really like- just throwing out another option.

i have a few burris fullfeilds-2. they have been used and abused and have never been out of whack even after my horse slams my scabord into the tree.

I saw some on the demo list at cameraland the other day that caught my eye they had some good prices on Minox which is supposed to be pretty good

I would look at the Nikon Monarch or Buckmasters... I have both with the BDC reticle and works awesome. I also have a Vortex Diamondback 4-12x40 with BDC as well and it's a great scope for the money ($199) The eye relief is much better with the Nikon's though. Either of those brands make great scopes.

Check out Redfield! Leupold owns them they are great scopes I have two of the 3x9x40mm the clarity is awesome and the price for the 3x9 is under $200.

I'm a fan of the Vortex scopes. I own 3 Vipers. I bought a Minox and didn't like it so I sold it. I also like Nikon, but I think the best value for the money is Vortex Diamondback.

nikon prostaffs and monarchs are good scopes as well as leupold. you can find prostaffs for under $200. i bought a prostaff with the bdc a while back and am really impressed with it. if i had a choice i would probally get another leupold vx-2 3x9x40 with the LRD.

I ended up splurging a little and buying a Vortex Viper HS 2.5-10X44. Doug at cameraland quoted me a price I couldn't pass on. Should be showing up in mail by the weekend.

Me personally I would stay away from the Nikon after a few years back the folded to the animal rights activists and pulled their support from the predator derby.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom