300 wby non lead reloads

Sambo

I was fortunate to draw the only nonresident desert bighorn tag in California I guess they made it non lead this year was wondering if anyone has some pet loads for the 300 wby they would share I have some 165grn barnes ttsx wby thoughts would be appreciated

Congratulations on that awesome tag Sambo!

Shooting non-leaded bullets is a small price to pay to hunt desert sheep! I shoot 168g TTSXs with my 300 WSM. That rig and bullet took three of my 4 sheep so I know it is good ram medicine. If your 165s shoot in your Weatherby then I'd say you have the right stuff!

Best of luck and keep us posted on your hunt.

one sheep hunt???

I'd buy a couple boxes of these and see how they shoot??....I bet well

https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item/0000382220/300-weatherby-mag-165-grain-gmx-20-rounds

497fc2397b939f19.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Jul-18-19 AT 05:55PM (MST)[p]IMR7828SC and the 165/168gr Barnes is a great combo in the WBY.

What zone did you draw?

Have not taken any game with them but the Hammer bullets fly true out of my 257 Roy. I dont plan on shooting farther than 300 yards so the Hammer Sledehammer is what I purchased and out of my Mark V, producing 1 1/2" groups at 200 yards.

Check out Cutting Edge laser tips. I honestly wouldn't go below the 180 grain threshold in 300wby if you looking for optimum performance. 200 to 220 would be more better if you're really looking for the ballistic Coefficient advantage.

Coloradoboy

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom