.300 weatherby mag?

I have one, it shoots excellent for it's proper application. They are not good brush guns, I am still kicking myself for missing a buck I kicked out in NM this year. The gun is heavy and perfect for long range stuff over rests (400 yard stuff is no problem with practice and a good rest) but leaves something to be desired for busting deer out of thick cover and snapshooting them at 50 or 60 yards running....

Bret M.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-24-03 AT 06:35PM (MST)[p]CASEY,
Vanguard makes one also, they sell it at WAL-MART, I have one, and it shoots well on paper, the only thing I have shot with it is jack rabbits, I missed a deer with it at 50 yards three years ago, like Bret said they are not a good brush gun.
Keith

I have a Weatherby Mark V Synthetic. It is not the Walmart Vangaurd style. The Wal-Mart Weatherby's only have 24 inch barrel's, basically making them ballistically equal or inferior to a .300 Win mag. The Weatherby needs a 26 inch barrel to get the published velocity.

Bret M.

Walmart will order any rifle you want and will get it for you less than what you would pay at a gun shop. It will take a 50% deposit and the rest when the rifle arrives.
Make sure you can stand the recoil. The big magnums can give a guy a flinch.

If you are still interested in a .300 Weatherby Mag rifle please email me at [email protected]. I have a synthetic Vanguard with the 26" barrel and kdf muzzlebreak w/wo a swarovski scope. I used this rifle on coues in Mexico and it is a great gun. Also big enough for anything in North America.
Steve

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom