300 win mag.

A

Azhunter22

I have a Savage model 116 chambered in 300 win mag. do any of you guys know if they make different barrels for them, to make it more accurate. I got an o-ring stuck in mine yesterday bore sighting it and im not sure how to get it out and i dont wanna scare the barrel, I tried a bore cleaner rod and it just goes through the o-ring. incase i do scare the barrel, any suggestions on good aftermarket barrels.>>>>Justin

Before you do anything that you think might scar the barrell take it to a gunsmith he/she should be able to get it out in a jiffy.

If it were mine I would first try a brass/bronze cleaning jag that is only a little bit smaller than the bore diameter,but you should at least call a gunsmith and ask first.

I got it out finally, i used a small bore rifle cleaner and it came right out, but i would like to know if they make aftermarket barrles for it. The barrel that came on it is pretty decent it is a bit thicker than most and has a muzzle break on it so. thanks Justin >>>

try sharpshooter supply 4970 lehman rd. delphos, oh 45833
419.695.3179 [email protected]
i own 7 savage rifles and use ther triggers and stocks (hand laid up composite, aluminum bedding block). they have barrels on hand in many different calibers. the beauty of a savage is the barrel nut. you can do your own gunsmithing at home with a vise, mallet, wood blocks, sharpshooter barrel wrench and go, no-go gauge or a dummy cartidge. give 'em a try. jason

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom