300 wsm accubond to e-tip

need4x4

Looking for anyone who shoots/reloads the 150 gr accubond and has also reloaded the e-tip into the 300 wsm.

I see that the mid point is the max from the nosler site and will start from the bottom end of course.

Just want to know if you guys were able to get similar speed and similar accuracy when switching to the e-tip.

I have two boxes of e-tips already so I am going to try it with them first. Hope to get similar results.

What are you loads and what are they getting for speed?

Thanks,

PS> Need it for the fall, going into the condor zone for deer.

You should be able to get similar speed with the etip as the accubond. I would start loading with the etip at .100 off the lands. They tend to like a jump. Id start with 4350 or 4831sc. If nothing is grouping to your satisfaction the 168 TTSX is a great lead free bullet as well.

Much appreciate that info.. Not a great deal of info. out there.

Anyone else, please chime in with your etip reloading experience.

I also have 7mm rem. mag and 280 that might eventually need to find a less toxic load formula

Thanks,

I have tried the e-tip for my 270 WSM but can't get a decent group ...however the Barnes TTSX shoots lights out in my 270 WSM

I load the 180 grain Accubonds for my 300 WM and tried switching to the e-tips because of the slightly better ballistic coefficient. I could not get consistent groups with the e-tips and switched back to the Accubonds.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom