.308 Win.

peakfreak

Very Active Member
Just bought me one in a Savage. I love to reload so if anybody has a good load to share I'm all ears.

Thanks,

"You'll never get a big one if you shoot a little one"

IMR 4895 has worked great with 165 gr hornady sp's

"blaming guns for violence is like blaming spoons for Rosie O'donnell being fat."

46.5 grs of reloader 15, 150gr hornady sst, win brass, win LR primer. Its @ book max, but is safe in my gun. I would back down to at least 43grs and work up. I also have a good load with varget for 165's if your interested......
newpics.jpg

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Varget, and RL-15 make this fine
round great, especially with 150-165 grain
bullets.

I shoot Varget in all of mine now.

Useing said powder, my stuff will go well
under an inch.

lrv

Thanks guys. I have a lot of varget and bullet wise have hornaday 150gr. gmx, berger 168 vld, seirra 168, accubond 165. barnes 168 ttsx and bought remington, hornady and nosler brass. Just waiting for my dies from cabela's. I will let you know how it goes.

"You'll never get a big one if you shoot a little one"

Peak'freak,

If you have a fairly new Nosler publication
lay'n around, there's some serious .308 loads
in there. Could be easily replicated with whatever
bullet you like. I use Sierra's myself.

Excellent round.

laro

I have a new 308 as well I have found one load that works well 46 grains of Varget and the Sierra Pro hunters in a 150 grain is giving me less than a inch. Now I was thinking about playing with a 165 to see how they shoot. I might try either the partition or Accubond next.

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer or elk but how he hunted it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom