$31.75 Non Res Idaho Wolf Tags

I saw that the other day too and bought one! In addition to the bear and mountain lion tags I bought this year for Idaho. I'm going after a predator trifecta!

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade. However, Judge Malloy is currently deciding the case that challenged the "wolf rider" to the 2011 budget (Tester/Simpson). The case was argued on July 26, 2011. If it were me, I would wait until he makes a decision before running out and buying an Idaho wolf tag.

Unfortunately, Mightyhunter is correct. BUT....as an Idaho resident may I say......PLEASE, help yourself. We keep making more!

Within the shadows, go quietly.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-01-11 AT 01:54PM (MST)[p]Says there was just a 1% success rate. I'll be moose hunting in Wyoming right on the state line first couple weeks of October. Anyone know how long it took to fill the Island Park unit quota in 2009? I'll be hunting immediately north of Alpine, WY.

Obviously I wouldn't buy one until I got there because the quota may be filled by then anyway.

I wouldn't concentrate on the success percentage. Most residents bought a license for a "just in case" encounter, similar to bear and cougar tags. The guys I know who actually targeted wolves were sucessful.

Zim, The 2009 Island Park quota of 5 wolves was filled in a couple of weeks. The new quota is 30.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom