34 bears?

iccyman001

LAST EDITED ON Sep-25-15 AT 07:53AM (MST)[p]Title probably should have said: Unit 34 bears?

I am heading out to Cloudcroft for some camping this weekend.
I have my bear tag still and the zone is still open.

Are there lots of bears in that unit or are they few and far between?

Thank you for your answers.

I would say few and far between. Even though I have seen them while hunting for the past few years, I have not seen them this year. I have seen some very fresh scat while hunting elk during the first archery hunt. 50-50 chance in my opinion. Interesting that the unit is still open. Good luck.
Mike

>I would say few and far
>between. Even though I have
>seen them while hunting for
>the past few years, I
>have not seen them this
>year. I have seen some
>very fresh scat while hunting
>elk during the first archery
>hunt. 50-50 chance in my
>opinion. Interesting that the
>unit is still open. Good
>luck.
>Mike

Thank you!!!

Lots of bears in 34.
Have elk hunted the unit 4 times and seen them every time.
friend just returned from bow hunt.
Was bluff charged by sow with cub after she put her cub up a tree.
Took a nap on a ridge once mid day had bear walk within 20 feet.

Another hunt 2 years ago had one walk down a fence line on the edge of a meadow just on the other side of fence. At dusk while scouting, no weapon, its all an adventure.
There are many bears...
Get after them.
Hogs too.
No limit

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom