35B December Coues

borntohunt

My wife is really getting excited about her first coues hunt next month. I’ve hunted unit 33 and Sonora, so very familiar with locating, sizing up and hunting coues deer. But this will be our first year coming down for 35B. We live 13 hours away, and I heard some main roads are locked and ya have to hike in; (which I’m fine with, we are backpack style hunters when needed).

Anyone have info about what roads gain access, which ones are locked, and what areas we can focus on? Also what class of bucks should we be willing to pass?

This past summer I scouted a little of the unit. The Burro Tank Rd area on the east border of the unit looks like a great place to camp. There are three big camp sites there. It seemed to be a low deer density area but I did see some big loner Coues deer tracks. One hunter I spoke with from the October season said they saw does but very few bucks. He thought maybe they were hiding out in the flats. Good luck and please let us know how it goes. That unit has potential for a big buck in my opinion.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom