36 C Mule Deer

L

longtine

Hi to all, I have a question and request for all you Arizona hunters that had/have a tag this year in Unit 36C for both mule deer and whitetail.
I have a mule deer tag for the November 14th hunt and have been down there in that unit scouting the last 3- weekends. So far, I have only been able to locate 4-herds of does and a couple of spikes and two-points.
I have concentrated my efforts to the area south of the Elk Horn Ranch all the way to the border.
All of you who have been down there recently already know how hot the weather has been and the mule deer just aren't moving around much.
We are going to be up against a full moon during our hunt and that won't help.

If you hunted 36C in the last couple of weeks and have spotted some decent mule deer bucks can you please send me a private message with general directions.

My young Son has yet to shoot his first deer and I would sure like him to get one.

Thanks for any and all information you send me, I will respond to your PM and will keep your information private.

Longtine

I have spent much of my life in 36c including the first mule deer hunt and saw 8 bucks, including a twenty two inch tall 4x4, a twenty-five inch 3x3, and a twenty two inch 3x3, incidently my brother took the twentyfive inch 3x3. i will give you detailed descriptions of where i saw them but it will come at a price like your first born(i need someone to rake my yard)

Thanks for the info idgaf. I will have to pass on the offer though, I have invested to much love time and money on all my children to let any of them go.

The bucks are there and I will find them.

longtine

491ac9ea4f145ca0.jpg

Thats to bad the pine needles in my yard are pretty thick and I have estimated over 1200 pine cones that need to be scraped. If i did it right here is a pic of my brothers buck from a couple of weeks ago and my buck from the same unit in 2007. I just could not find one I liked this year

LAST EDITED ON Nov-12-08 AT 05:38PM (MST)[p]Sorry, I don't have any info for your unit, but. . . .

You gotta love those wide desert 3 point bucks! Thanks for sharing!

yeah we could never quite close the deal on the big bucks, altough they gave us the chances

idgag, tell your brother congrats on his buck.
The buck you took in 2007 is a real nice 3-point congrats to you also.

By your description your yard is a fire hazard, you should clean it up.

Longtine

LAST EDITED ON Nov-14-08 AT 05:14AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Nov-14-08 AT 05:09?AM (MST)

Tis the season for high winds and fully mature pine cones in the white moutains, I have a month to do all of the chores my wife gave me including raking which would not be bad but our yard is fully cindered and there is no good way to do it; that way I can get out there for archery season. good luck on your hunt this weekend.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom