37 & 37A deer

map1

I have an uncle getting up there in age who hunted 37 and 37A for a good portion of his life, killed some 30in+ deer there but hasn't been back for various reasons in over 12 years. He wants to go back there, he has horses to get back off the roads and he claims there aren't any wolves there? He lives outside Idaho Falls, we want to get up there in the summer to scout but from what I read here sounds like there isn't a deer or elk to be found? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-13-09 AT 06:36PM (MST)[p]Go to the mule deer forum and look at the thread titled "Lost River Range Idaho". Look at the replys from the F&G bio for that region. He provided harvest stats. Of course there are the conspiracy theorists who claim he's lieing...........I tend to disagree with them but you'll have to make up your own mind on that one.

Actually the best bet would be to call him. Believe his name is Tom Keegan from the Salmon office.

What everyone is not saying is that animals are there on Private Land in good #'s and yes the wolves are there as well, doing their part this winter, buddy's family lives out there and just hasn't caught them close enough to the livestock yet. But good luck getting access to hunt private stuff.

Get your hunt on!!
tixs,lodging,for you
cruises,trips for her!
songdogtravel.com

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.. He doesn't even hunt those units. Did u get the PM map1?
Oh, and jake.. I'm to posting to argue with you so don't bother.

Thats cool man........All I know is of the three dudes I know who have drawn 37 and 37A in recent years, all three killed bulls. Two nice and one of those REALLY nice. None complained of a lack of elk...............Thats a fact. couple that with what the F&G has to say about the unit, And I'm inclined to think you stll got a chance over there.........But your right, I do not hunt that area and I agree It prolly not what it used to be........like just about everywhere else.......

Thanks for the PM BucksBullsandBroncs. Interesting dialogue on the Lost River Range. My uncle has hunted the Lemhi Range but I'm sure it's the same situation as Lost River. We will still scout in the summer regardless, just trying to get a little more first hand info. Thanks everyone.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom