375 Weatherby Barnes 270 gr TSX load help

wymoosehunter

I am looking for a little help on a 375 WBY load. I have the Barnes 3rd and 4th editions of reloading manual. 3rd has data for 375 WBY but only for the old X bullets And very limited powders listed. 4th doesn’t have data for 375 WBY. I know the old X bullets developed considerably more pressure than the TSX for same load and were about 100 FPS slower than the TSX with same load (In my 300 wby) and I got another 100 FPS by increasing my powder 1 grain with TSX bullets w/ approx same pressures.
The Barnes 3rd edition shows no increased velocity from the 375 H&H over the 375 WBY and actually shows the WBY losing ground to the H&H in at least one listing with same powders & load.
Does anyone have verified (not hypothetical) load data or know where I can find load data for the 270 grain TSX, especially R-15/17, H-4350, H-4895, and/or H-4831? Really looking for 150 FPS improvement or better over the 375 H&H.
Thanks in advance,
WyMo

I loaded my 338 win mag for years with Barnes bullets. I used to load the old X bullets which I think you are talking about. Then to the blue coated bullets that increased velocity a little and helped with copper fowling. But Barnes
IMG_9687.jpeg
stopped selling the blue coated bullet because the new X bullets with the three groves in them were just as fast as the coated bullets. Then came the TTSX bullets. I think you are referring to the oldest straight X bullets without the three groves in the base ? If you are looking for more FPS why not just load the TTSX bullets.

I will have to check my load data. I used to have a .375 Weatherby but I sold or traded it probably ten years ago. I do have, love and shoot a .375 Ackley Improved, it is so similar to the .375 Weatherby that the cartridges are interchangeable with each other, there is just a small variation in the shoulder. Load data is identical. The great thing about it is you can shoot .375 H&H ammo or load and shoot the improved cases and get a good velocity boost over the H&H.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom