38-9

brookhunter19

Well two of us on here drew 38-9 tags! If any of you guys have drawn this tag in the past, please drop a few lines on your experience. It is a long ways off until September 1st and a few stories or advice on elk hunting the Big a Horns will help the time pass. I have mule deer hunted the unit twice, so I have some experience and have a few areas I would like to start my elk hunt in. I will give a summary of my hunt upon my return from my hunt.

Good luck tracker12, feel free to pm me if you would like to converse on the hunt. It might make the summer go by faster!

Thanks,

Brookhunter

IMHO the further north you go toward the Montana border in 38 the better chance you'll have at a good hunt without a lot of human presence that the unit sees the further south you go.

I will definitely get up with you as I filter some of the info I receive from previous hunters. I know of another NR that pulled the tag and will be out there at the same time. I have never been to the Unit so I will definitely be looking for all the advice I can get.

It can be a great area, I agree with topgun, go north of burgess and you're better off. With that said, if you're there early there are a lot of places off of 14A that can produce.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom