39 Late Archery

twsnow18

Went out on Sunday to try and a help a buddy get a buck. The closest we could get was 80 yards, snow was a little squeaky. I would have preferred no snow.

The focus knob on my binos broke at some point last week, didn't realize it until we got to the first glassing spot. My working optics for the day consisted of the rangefinder and spotting scope. Enough deer though that it didn't matter.

IMG_1786.jpg
[/URL]

Ended up seeing about 10 of those ^^, half a dozen forkies and 3x3's, 2 bucks approaching 170 and 1 more right at the 180 mark, as well as 2-300 does. Always fun seeing these guys in the open country when during October you swear they don't exist.

>looks like another buck laying to
>the right of that one
>

Yah he was nicer than the one standing, he had three 5" cheaters coming off of him, cool buck. Unfortunately other deer blew this opportunity for us.

I have until the 16th of December to hunt near that area. I am hoping some more of those guys cross into my area and the inversion leaves.

Should be fun, as most of the 4x4's I saw had left the does and were back in smaller more stalkable groups.

It was a pretty good year. I could not believe the amount of 2 points I found. Its hard to believe the little guys can survive with how dumb they are and everybody and their dog willing to kill them. Saw well over 100 two points and plenty of nicer bucks. Also saw a couple of 3 points sparring which was a first for me and a cool experience. Was unable to get on this guy after watching him bed and go to sleep. He happened to wake up and chase his does away from me halfway through my stalk.

Screenshot_2015-11-21-13-11-43.png
[/URL]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom