391/461????

T

Tresspass1

I have a 2nd season buck tag for these units, I know most of the area is privateproperty, but does anyone know where to start, our have accesses in that area? I'm willing to trade a hunt for whitetail archery hunt on 5k acre property in s.w. nebraska! Any info will help, thank you and good luck on your hunts.

Is there any one here who has hunted 461 and knows of any pointers on this unit, I plan on hunting the little natl forest there is, any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
T

I live in 461. There is VERY little Natl. Forest in these areas. You can hike a good long ways down into the Platte Canyon from the south to Crossons, go over the river and access a small piece of public. It is steep, rough and the deer seem to like the other side better. There is a huge burn there. Or you could go down the little trail (old RR grade) into the Strontia Springs area and hunt the cliffs to the north in 391. But if I were you, I would contact the DOW and see if the Regional Manager might put you in contact with a landowner over on CR 92 South of Critchell on Kuester Rd. There are some fairly large holdings over there that may be receptive to hunting. They used to be anyway, maybe still are. Good luck.

Thanks for the info, I will call the Dow and what kind of info they have also, I plan on going into the areas soon. I'm a bow hunter so I add some degree of difficulty to the hunt as well.once again thanks for the pointers.

Thanks
T

Slow and Steady, Draw quietly, Focus,
release.....Run like hell when you Miss

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom