3rd Season Colorado 62

muleys3434

I have a Colorado 62 3rd. Headed out tomorrow planning on staying the entire hunt. Wanted to see if any would shed some light on how things are looking out there this, any tips or good camping spots. I have a couple areas I am going to focus on but any additional help would be great. Thanks.

I have hunted this unit twice and it is not an easy hunt for Big deer. Make sure you have onx maps on your phone it will save you big time knowing where you can hunt and where you cant, Government springs just out of montrose will have a ton of deer pouring into it. there is some good dwr areas to hunt and some good public land around there also. Hunt the sage brush flats and the big cedar canyons that run off those flats. The bigger deer will be heading for those canyons. Diff, bucks will be in there everyday as they head for winter ground off the top so dont be afraid to hit the same area on diff days. I would hunt low in the red rock canyons up dominguez canyon off the main road, some good country in there out of delta colorado. we stayed in delta and hunted from there. Buy a bear tag when you get there you will see some big bears in there and scat everywhere.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom