4 season tent recomendation

400bull

Very Active Member
My Kelty Yellowstone 3 season family tent gave up the ghost during my last camp out with the Boy Scout troop I am currently working with. Needless to say I am in the market for a good quality four season tent to replace it with. The tent needs to be of good quality and with stand anything my young scout troop can through at it. I am not too worried about weight because it will only be used near a vehicle. I will pick up a second tent if and when we get around too backpacking in to camp. A couple of tents that I have been looking at that have had good reviews are the Kirkham Springbar tents and Cabalas Kodiak tents. Are there any other tents that you would recommend I through in the mix?

400bull

I second a Springbar. I think, hands down they are the best car-truck camp tent around. They are not good for backpacking of course, but as far as tents where you pull your car or truck, they are the best in my opinion. I have three of them, and a wall tent made by their maker.

They go up so easy and stay up in high winds etc. And they are truly water proof.

Have a good one. BB

LAST EDITED ON Apr-02-12 AT 12:25PM (MST)[p]Springbar all the way. I have been inside a Kodiak before, but have never camped in them. They look as nice as the Springbars but I've had my Springbar for close to 30 years and it's still going strong. I don't yet know if the Kodiaks have that same life-expectancy, reliability and durability as the Springbars.

TRH

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom