4-Wheeler help

T

Toad23

I'm thinking it's time I quite beating up my truck and join the world of ATV's. I'm pretty new to the ATV world so I'm asking for advice in what you folks think is best.

I don't plan on getting too crazy on the thing, basically just trail riding.

that is the way most are thinking,can buy several ATV for the price of a 4X4 SUV.My last atv was a Bombadier,great machine.Most of my hunt partners use Polaris,can't go wrong,Quality in the name.I now use a Polaris Crew in my guide service www.silvergrandoutfitters.com

somthing in the neighborhood of a 450cc at least and if you plan on hauling an elk back to camp with it maybe a 700cc.

I like Suzuki, but most are good. they are going to start putting trail width restrictions on the FS trails so if you ever plan to trail ride get a ATV, if staying on FS roads then a UTV.

When I decided to finally buy an ATV, I chased down the classified's to see what used machines were available--and what you find for sale is very telling about the quality of the product. You can find a boatload of Polaris machines for sale in every newspaper and trade magazine across the country and there's a good reason for that. Next I stopped in at some multi-brand dealerships and talked with both salesmen and the mechanics/parts dept folks. More good info. Buyer beware. If you want a solid machine that won't leave you stranded on the mountain, go with Honda or Yamaha. You'll rarely find a used Honda for sale, and when you do, you better be the first caller when the ink is still wet on the paper; otherwise it'll already be sold. Yamaha's aren't too far behind.

Also, do your research and test ride a few to find out what suits you best. The trend is bigger machines and more gadgets, but you may find those traits can be very limiting and costly. Smaller machines may have more than enough power for your purposes and are more maneuverable. Good luck.

Honda's #1 SELLER is Rancher 4x4 it's has EFI and you can get
it in auto or manual shift...
3.9 financing, about 5200.00 otd..
I have a new Rincon and paid 8k out the door!
I had 3 quads 2 Honda's and a Yamaha grizzly and the Honda's were the most reliable things I ever owned, I hated the Yamaha!
rack

i got a 06 honda rancher 4x4 ill sell u. i want 3k for it. its located in middle tennessee and i will not deliver. firm

I'VE TUNED THEM ALL!!!

YAMAHA HAS BY FAR THE TOUGHEST CYLINDER/PISTON!!!

THEN BOMBARDIER!!!

HONDA NOT TOO FAR BEHIND!!!

THEN POLARIS!!!

THEN THE REST!!!

THE YAMAHAS WILL GO WHERE THE OTHERS WON'T!!!

IF THAT PISSES YOU OFF BRING THEM OUT & WE WILL PROVE IT!!!

THEM LOCKERS ARE WORTH MORE THAN ANY OTHER BRAND IN ITSELF!!!

WHEN THEY DESTROY THE FOREST COMPLETELY I SUPPOSE THEY WILL FINALLY OUTLAW/BAN THEM!!!

UNTIL THEN THE TUNE-UPS WILL CONTINUE TO BE FREE!!!

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

I have two Yamahas, A 400 and a 450. They have all the power you need for hunting. They are also good on gas. I have not had any problems with either one.
Don

Had a Yamaha grizzly 450 and loved it!, if everything goes as planned I will probably invest in another Yamaha next year, looking @ the new 550

I own a honda foreman and love it, brother has had foreman and ranchers all were great bikes.

Owned 2 Polaris'. Total crap and the service is even worse! Dumped those POS's and bought 2 Yamaha Kodiaks. Totally happy with the Yamahas and would by another one in a second.

I own a Polaris 450, and I love it. It is far nicer than my friends Honda 500. He can't go as fast as the Polaris machines because his Honda shakes so badly.

I bought a new Polaris 500 two weeks ago and it is the best machine out there for the money. Paid $5,000 for it at Renegade Sports in Logan, UT.

Oh yeah, and Polaris is Made in the USA.

have4 a suzuki, blew the clutch out, but it was in deep snow...most places around here will not touch a polaris if its broke down...dad has an artic cat personally i would get a can-am...then a artic cat...but they all have good and bad with them....One the dealers here just had a 08 suzuki 500 eiger out the door all fees for 3800...i also like hondas never had a drive behind a yamaha...

47e9fcb352ad748f.jpg

has anyone seen my kittie

COME ON Foreman!!!

GO AHEAD & STATE YOUR PIECE OF MIND!!!

I KNOW YOU DON'T LIKE ME MENTIONING THE TUNE-UP!!!

I'M NOT WORRIED ABOUT YOU!!!

WE KNOW YOU LOVE YOUR WHEELER & OBEY THE LAW OF THE LAND!!!

WISHED I COULD SAY THE SAME FOR ALL OTHER TARDS!!!

I CAN SHOW YOU WHAT USED TO BE SOME NICE STOMPING GROUNDS THAT IS NOW TOTALLY DESTROYED BECAUSE OF LOWLIFE TARDS & LAZY USFS THAT WILL NOT ENFORCE THEIR LAWS!!!

THE WHEELER IS A GREAT TOOL WHEN USED PROPERLY!!!

IT'S ALSO DONE MORE DAMAGE TO THE QUALITY OF HUNTS THAN ALL THE REASONS COMBINED!!!

GAWD I'LL BE GLAD WHEN THEY BAN THEM OFF THE FOREST & BLM!!!

GO AHEAD & HATE ME!!!

I HUNTED "PRE-ATV" TIMES & YES I HUNT NOW!!!

DON'T TELL ME THERE AIN'T A DIFFERENCE!!!

IF YOU'D LIKE TO RIP & TEAR THE HELL OUT OF UTAH TAKE THEM TO THE DESERT & GIT-R-DONE!!!

THERE ARE PLACES FOR THEM!!!

I SUPPOSE WITH HIGH FUEL PRICES THERE WILL BE MORE TUNE-UPS HAPPENING!!!

I'M NOT THE ONLY HIGH COUNTRY MECHANIC IN THE REGION,JUST THOUGHT I'D LET EVERYBODY KNOW THERE ARE SEVERAL GUYS THAT HAVE DECIDED THERE IS ONLY ONE FIX FOR THE PROBLEM!!!

KEEP EM LEGAL & YOU'LL NEVER ONCE HAVE ANYTHING TO WORRY ABOUT!!!

RIDE EM BACK IN WHERE THEY SHOULDN'T BE I'D SAY WORRY,WORRY BIG TIME!!!

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

LAST EDITED ON Aug-31-08 AT 08:38AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Aug-31-08 AT 08:36?AM (MST)

Bobcat,

You never cease to amaze me, what I don't understand is who elected you to the high and might position you find yourself in. may all of us beckon to your great wisdom about the atv world. Just because you take your truck where we take our wheelers makes you better than the rest of us huh!
If I every caught you tuning up my wheeler, I guarantee that would be the last one you every touched! Are you above the law or are they just for everyone else, and oh by the way aren't you a "UTARD" yourself.

HEY dogwoody!!!

YA!!!

THATS WHAT THE LAST LAW BREAKIN TARD SAID TO!!!

YOU NEED TO READ ABOVE!!!

IT SURE MUST PISS PEOPLE LIKE YOURSELF OFF THAT YOU THINK YOU ARE BACK IN BEYOND WHERE LAW OFFICIALS ARE WONDERING IF YOU MIGHT GET YOUR WHEELER TUNED!!!

I SAID DON'T BREAK THE LAW & YOU AIN'T GOT NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT!!!

STOMP YOUR LAZY ASS & YOUR WHEELER BACK IN WHERE IT SHOULDN'T BE & YOU CAN WORRY,WORRY!!!

I DON'T BELIEVE MY TRUCK WILL BE ON ANY OF YOUR ILEGAL WHEELER TRAILS!!!

GET A LIFE!!!

I AM A TARD!!!

A TARD THAT WILL TUNE ANOTHER TARDS WHEELER IF NEEDED!!!

"I GUARANTEE THAT WOULD BE THE LAST ONE YOU EVER TOUCHED"!!!

PFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

I'M SCARED NOW!!!

47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

wow bessy 1 topic and 3 long winded repies...
I guess that pos mf computer working fine...!
rm

When I bought mine I went to a dealer that had Yamaha and Suzuki....Test drove both and bought the Suzuki and have had them since 2004 and have never had a problem

If you want something dependable try a rokon motorcyle. They won't go fast but they will outlast and go anywhere a 4 wheeler can't. You can do your own mechanic work, they hold their value and can pack out a quartered elk. Stay on the trail they can be tuned up too.

Alot of different ATV's have there strong points, but if you can't start one it doesn't matter how good it is you ain't using it! I take mine out in november, december, and january and the only ones I've seen start consistently in below zero weather has been the Honda's, except for the Rubicon's. If I were to buy annother one today it would be a rancher with a 350. I've hauled plenty of stuff and a 350 is plenty of power to haul an elk. It is still small enough that it is less likely to hurt you if something goes wrong, as it evently will and big enough to get the job done. Going with large ATV's is just ludicris, your chance of hurting yourself goes way up, if you don't believe me go and speak with the doctors in your local emergencies.

I hauled an entire boned out elk in a honda recon... Yes it was a 250 CC ATV. Find out the crap you will be driving in and the conditions and that will help you reduce your selection. Good luck

Wow Lot's of great advice, I think I'm leaning towards a Honda or a Yamaha in the 450ish range. That was the direction I was already headed before the post, but lots of what you folks have said has reconfirmed that. I'm still open for advice, and I appreciate your help.

See what I mean, bobcat you have proven my point, i am still amazed at your ability to enforce your own agenda. I check this forum every now and again and it gets a little tiring hearing your rants about everything and everybody. With absolutly no clue when it comes to know anything about anybody your talking about. Yet you continue to spout off about every subject that comes up on this forum. I am serious, it really is getting old!!!

COOL IT dogwoody!!!

I STATED THE TRUTH!!!

YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT!!!

MOST LAWBREAKERS DON'T LIKE WHAT I POST!!!

COWBOY-UP OR STFU!!!

47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

My dad has a Suzuki vinson 500 and has not had any problems with it. My bro works and white knuckle motorsports in springville he will hook you up with a good wheeler for around 5400 otd brand new.

Arguing with bess is kind of like wrestling a pig in mud. After a while you realize they like it.

Bessy used to bug me but I kind of enjoy his off type of humour now.

Don't argue with him, he's going to win.

beanman

It's been awile science we've had a wheeler debate!

fwiw, i have a honda rancher that has more miles backing off the trailer than most machines get in a liftime! it is used for work and is very dependable.

LOL BeanMan!!!

JUST TRYING TO SPLAIN IT TO A FEW OF THESE TARDS!!!

THAT THINK THEY CAN DO AS THEY PLEASE!!!

WHEN THEY PLEASE!!!

NO MATTER THE LAWS!!!

WELL HERE WHERE IN MY NECK OF THE WOODS THE LOCALS HAVE HAD ENOUGH!!!

JUST REMEMBER!!!

ITS NOT JUST THE FOREST RANGER OR THE GAME WARDEN YOU'LL HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT OR DEAL WITH ANYMORE!!!

PEOPLE ARE GETTING PISSED & THEY HAVE EVERY RIGHT!!!

AND FOR YOU BOYS THAT STAND 6' 15" & WEIGH 385 (LIKE dogwoody!!!) WE AIN'T SKEERED!!!

USE THAT ROUND THANG ATOP YOUR SHOULDERS FOR WHAT IT WAS DESIGNED FOR & YOU'LL HAVE ALOT LESS TROUBLE!!!

((( }> }> }> }> }> !!! )))

47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

pretty impressive bobcat!!!! pretty impressive, is this another case of little mans syndrome behind a keyboard!!!

>pretty impressive bobcat!!!! pretty impressive,
>is this another case of
>little mans syndrome behind a
>keyboard!!!

Ha Ha ! Ya i'm with you dogwood ! I enjoy reading some of the post on MM but bobcat gets real annoying! I have him pegged for a grouchy old fart behind a computer with nothing else to do.

dogwoody!!!

I'M NOT 6' 15" LIKE YOU!!!

SO CALL ME SMALL!!!

YOU RIDE AROUND AT 6' 15" POUNDING ON YOUR CHEST RIPPIN THINGS UP WITH YOUR POS WHEELER THINKING YOU'RE IMPRESSIN EVERYBODY JUST BECAUSE YOU THINK ITS YOUR GOD GIVEN RIGHT!!!

YOU'LL GROW UP,MAYBE!!!

LIKE I SUGGESTED ABOVE!!!

USE THAT ROUND THANG ATOP YOUR SHOULDERS FOR WHAT IT WAS DESIGNED FOR & YOU'LL HAVE WAY LESS PROBLEMS IN LIFE!!!

YOU WANT TO RIP THINGS TO PIECES TAKE IT TO THE DESERT!!!

SOMEDAY WHEN YOU GROW UP YOU'LL HAVE SOME RESPECT!!!

47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

Actually, Bobcatbess is a fine gentleman who has taken some very respectable animals over the years. He respects the wildlife and the land and is trying to teach his son to do the same. All he asks is that we obey the laws and do things right. I have no problem with that. I thank him for trying!

Eel

THANKS eel!!!

GLAD YOU CAN UNDERSTAND IT WITHOUT BLOWING AN OVERLOAD!!!

I THINK IT COMES WITH BEING TAUGHT/LEARNING ETHICS!!!

SOME PEOPLE LEARN RESPECT/ETHICS AT A YOUNGER AGE DUE TO BEING TAUGHT THE RIGHT WAY!!!

SOME PROBABLY NEVER LEARN IT!!!

SOME JUST DON'T CARE!!!

SOME THINK ITS THEIR GOD GIVEN RIGHT TO DO AS THEY PLEASE!!!

AS I SAID ABOVE dogwoody!!!

OBEY THE LAW OF THE LAND AND YOU'LL NEVER ONCE HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT YOUR WHEELER GETTING A FREE TUNE-UP!!!

BACK TO THE SUBJECT!!!

WHEELERS ARE A GREAT TOOL USED IN A LAW ABIDING MANNER!!!

USED IN A WRECKLESS/JACKASS TYPE MANNER THEY HAVE DONE MORE DAMAGE TO HUNTING THAN ALL OTHER REASONS COMBINED!!!

47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

you know eelgrass, that is great, I am sure bobcat is a good guy, its just that some of us here on mm get a little sick of his childish judgments of others, anyone calls him out and he goes verbal! He asumes everyone one on here is a lawbreaker except himself and it his duty to be the law enforcer! That pisses me off, he has no idea who hes talking about, what kind of ethics we have, He just "judges" everyone based upon who knows what. It is just getting a little old, many of the guys I know who check this site are just a bit tired of his rantings also. You know bobcat, ATV's have helped me keep my 82 year old father still out enjoying the outdoors, We hunt the southern units and we do stay on approved trails and roads, Without his wheeler to get him into some of the old hunting areas, (on legal roads and trails) he would have given up hunting along time ago. So Bobcat, they do have there place, they provide alot of great family time and opportunities, and most of us do respect and obey the law, and we don't take the law into our own hands when we don't like what others are doing. But oh I guess Your above the rest of us and have that right!!!

HEY dogwood!!!

GLAD TO HEAR YOU ARE OBEYING THE LAWS AT ALL TIMES!!!

GLAD TO HEAR YOUR 82 YEAR OLD DAD CAN STILL GET OUT & ABOUT!!!

I HAVE ONE QUESTION FOR YOU THOUGH???

WHY DID YOU GET SO AGGITATED WHEN I MENTIONED THE TUNE-UP FOR LAW BREAKERS???

ANSWER PLEASE???

I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM WITH LEGAL ATV'S!!!

BUT THATS WHERE I DRAW THE LINE!!!

I CAN SHOW YOU SEVERAL PLACES NOW COMPLETELTY DESTROYED BY LAW BREAKIN JACKASSES ON ATV'S!!!

DON'T BELIEVE ME???

I'LL GLADLY SHOW YOU!!!

I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO ENFORCE THE LAWS!!!

BUT IF YOU THINK FOR A SECOND THE USFS IS GONNA DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT YOU MUST NOT GET BACK IN TO AREAS LIKE WHERE I HUNT???

IS IT FAIR FOR ME/OTHERS TO HIKE BACK IN 2-3 HOURS (LEAVE AT 3:00 AM!!!) TO GET BACK WHERE I WANNA BE AND JUST BEFORE I GET THERE HAVE A FRICKEN LAWBREAKIN JACKASS ON A WHEELER/WHEELERS COME BUZZIN BY THAT ONLY TOOK HIS LAZY ASS 20 MINUTES TO GET THERE BY BREAKIN THE LAWS???

ANSWER PLEASE???

NOT SAYING YOU DO THIS!!!

BUT YOU SURE ARE TESTY ABOUT THE SUBJECT!!!

I GUESS THIS KINDA UN-ETHICAL $HIT DOESN'T BOTHER YOU HUH???

47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

I agree with asscat 100% on the atv's, there are alot of hunter's that abuse them, and that makes it worse for hunter's who work hard and are ethical. However I don't agree with asscat's alligator mouth. The more hot air he blow's the more reply's he's gonna get. Maybe he should use HIS head a little bit and not blame EVERYBODY for everything that he see's wrong. No matter what ANYBODY thinks or doe's, the hunting times are changing for the worse. I say let's all get along the best we can and teach our kid's true ethical hunting, that's how my boy's are being raised.

marcopolo!!!

SO I GUESS IF WE SIT BACK WITH OUR TEETH IN OUR MOUTH & BRAIN IN NEUTRAL EVERYTHING WILL FIX ITSELF???

WTF???

I AIN'T BLAMING EVERYBODY FOR EVERYTHING!!!

BUT I AM SAYING ITS HAPPENING!!!

IF YOU AIN'T SEEN IT MAYBE YOU NEED TO GET A LITTLE FURTHER OFF THE ROADS???

I AGREE WITH TEACHING YOUR KIDS THE ETHICAL WAYS OF HUNTING!!!

YOU MIGHT NOT LIKE THE TRUTH!!!

IT'S TIME TO COWBOY-UP & DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT RATHER THAN SITTING THERE WITH YOUR HANDS IN YOUR POCKETS NOT DOING A DAMN THING!!!

47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

Bobcat, the reason I BLEW A CORK, was the same reason you get so pissed to see atvs where they shouldn't be, If your vandalizing there atvs when you see them in areas like that, in my opinion your no better than they are, I hate it as much as you do to hike into an area and have an atv ruin my hunt, but you no what, i don't take the law into my own hands, Last I checked this was still america, its not your law to enforce, All I am saying is if someone vandalized my machine regardless of where it was I would be pissed, Turn there butts in, take pictures, let the law do there job, Those forest service dudes eat that stuff up. What I get a little pissed about is some John Wayne enforcing his own rules. Thats all bobcat, Hey it pisses us all off, If I see you tresspasing should I put a bullet in you and ask questions later? I don't think so. Your the one that always blows cork on here, we all know you are very opinionated, no question about that, i just question your judgment a bit. You see where I am coming from!

I doubt anyone on here that posted to this thread breaks ATV
laws. After 43 posts I think its understood how people feel
about ATV "lawbreakers".

Back to orginal question:

1- I would buy an ATV with EFI. It will start and run much better in cold weather.

2- Buy an ATV with independant suspension.

3- I have owned Polaris and have never had many problems. However, having said this I will be the first to admit that Hondas are probably more reliable. What I really like about my Polaris is the comfortable ride. Much easier on the back IMO.

4- I did own a Yamaha Kodiak 400 at one time. It was easier to handle but the ride did not compare to the Polaris. The Polaris also ran, started and idled better.

HEY dogwood!!!

JUST SO YOU KNOW!!!

I'M NOT THE ONLY AGGITATED HUNTER IN THE AREA THAT TAKES CARE OF BUSINESS!!!

I'M NO JOHN WAYNE ENFORCING HIS OWN RULES EITHER!!!

IF ONE PERSON SHOULD HAVE TO FOLLOW THE RULES SO SHOULD EVERYBODYELSE!!!

PROBLEM IS THE USFS CAN'T EVEN SCRATCH THE PROBLEM!!!

I DON'T TRESPASS MUCH SO IF YOU EVER CATCH ME TRESPASSING JUST PUT A BULLET IN ME & PUT ME OUT OF MY MISERY!!!

YOU'RE RIGHT!!!

I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO ENFORCE LAWS!!!

BUT WRONG IS WRONG!!!

I'VE GOT A LITTLE STORY FOR YOU!!!

A FEW YEARS AGO ONE OF MY FRIENDS BORROWED A BRAND NEW WHEELER FROM A GUY!!!

HE TOOK IT BACK IN TO A FLAT ASS CLOSED AREA!!!

PARKED IT & HUNTED FROM THERE!!!

A WHILE LATER HE HERES A SHOT!!!

DIDN'T THINK MUCH ABOUT IT!!!

GOT BACK TO THE WHEELER & TRIED STARTING IT!!!

BUT TO NO AVAIL!!!

THE WHEELER HAD BEEN TUNED,BUT NOT BY ME!!!

WELL THE USFS FOUND OUT ABOUT IT & TOLD HIM NO MATTER WHAT DO NOT TAKE ANOTHER WHEELER IN THERE TO PULL IT OUT!!!

WELL THEY THOUGHT THEY WERE BEING SNEAKY & TOOK ANOTHER WHEELER IN TO PULL THE TUNED MACHINE OUT WITH & THEY WERE CAUGHT BY THE USFS,AGAIN!!!

IT WAS SOME EXPENSIVE ELK TRACK SOUP THAT YEAR FOR HIM!!!

JUST LETTING YOU KNOW I'M NOT THE ONLY MECHANIC AROUND!!!

AMAZING HOW YOU'D THINK TARDS WOULD BE SMART ENOUGH TO USE THAT ROUND THANG ATOP THEIR SHOULDERS FOR WHAT IT WAS DESIGNED FOR!!!

THERE ARE WAY TOO MANY LAW BREAKIN BEACHES IN THIS STATE!!!

ALL YOU GOTTA DO IS GET THEM TO STOP DESTROYING PUBLIC GROUND & I'LL LAY MY TOOLS DOWN!!!

I DON'T SEE THEM RIPPING THE PISS OUT OF THEIR OWN FRONT LAWN OR FLOWER GARDEN,WTF???

47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Sep-01-08 AT 10:08PM (MST)[p]Man Bobcat, you just proved my point exactly, Let the officials enforce the law, If you see someone breaking it, turn them in, document it, take pictures, whatever, and let them do there job, Can you imagine how dangerous it would be we all had your attitude, Say I catch you speeding down I-15 that pisses alot of people off, I should pull up the side of you force you off the road, take your keys and through them in the bushes, that way you can't speed anymore, not much different than what your sugesting, 2nd scenario, you catch some dude with his wheeler where it shouldn't be, you start "tuning it" he walks up on you and smacks you over the head with the butt of his rifle! There are some crazy people in this world anymore, thats why we have law officials, its there job to enforce the law not yours, you try and enforce it yourself, your just as big of law breaker as they are Period!!!! We all agree there are alot of guys who think they are above the law. Its killing our sport. we've got to do it right to clean this up, or it just gets uglier. enough said, you get my point. So like you keep preaching hear, just use that round thing on top of your shoulders abit or you are not better than they are in my opinion.

The question that you have to ask yourself. Do you have to listen to a person with over 9000 posts to this site? Do you think he has an opinion about everything? Some people on this site just skip to the next post when they see the machine gun. It is a free speach (Thank a service person for providing it.) and everyone has an opinion. Some express it more then others.

Yes your right, we all know bobcat has very strong opinions, I was just in the mode to egg him on a bit and see if I could raise his blood pressure just a bit, Did I succeed or what? I will leave him alone now.

I have always had excellent results from the handful of Suzuki ATVs I have owned. My dad has the new King Quad and it is a solid running, good riding/handling and dependable machine just like the ones we have had in the past.

I strayed a little bit a couple years back and bought a Kawasaki Brute Force. Have had ZERO issues with it so far. It is an 05 model and isn't as refined as the newer ones but I like it.

From the little/fair amount of time I have ridden the CanAms I feel they make a very solid ATV and just might buy an outlander next time I buy a wheeler.

+1 on the post that mentioned the fuel injection and independant rear suspension. Those to features will make drastic improvements on any bike.

My only other advice is to get one that has a low range, especially if it is a smaller CC engine...the unfortunate part is this rules out a handful of Honda machines.
?Here?s to the hero's that Git-R-Done!!?

1st-can-am by far the best engine,best warranty,price is high but oh well so is fuel2nd- yamaha?? great bike if you dont mind having second best3rd-suzuki-/polaris ,tie? polaris if you like the service department at your local dealership,suzuki if you dont have yamaha or can-am dealers near by4th-Honda, now 10 years ago they are king, they make agreat dirt bike, and sport quad ,but they are way off on hunting quads, only buy if you want out dated technology.????????????? ??????????

Thanks guys I appreciate the help and advice. Seems like everyone has an opinion, but I've gottent some good advice and think I have a general direction.

I've rode alot of atv's, and hands down the new can-am blow everything else way out of the water. I recently bought one and I can honestly say, that the comfort, power, agility, and overall quality are second to none.

i can second this do not buy a freakin polaris just tore my cover of my bike and the clutch (main drive belt) teeth have broken off tearing everything up in its path ooh god right before the hunt of course. anybody reccomend a good fair priced service shop within an hour of salt lake

Toad,

I don't know if you have ever looked at the Arctic Cats, but they are one hell of a machine! Great ground clearance and independent suspension is a plus.

I have had my 500 Cat since 2002 and am still hauling big animals out with it.

I also have a 2006 650 Cat that I am thinking about selling. It is my wife's but she never uses it. I have hauled several 300+ elk out with that one and it never bogs down.

If interested, let me know and we can talk...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom