400 incher taken

5575gb

Just saw pics of a true 400 class bull taken there in WY this week, looked like something out of Jurasic park!
Wait till you see it, they mention 412 "I take it that was gross" straight up 6x6.
Congrats to the lucky bow hunter!

LAST EDITED ON Sep-08-11 AT 10:57PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Sep-08-11 AT 10:56?PM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Sep-08-11 AT 10:54?PM (MST)

LAST EDITED ON Sep-08-11 AT 10:30?PM (MST)

It was taken with a crossbow at 44 yards, I have two photos and the hunters name "first is Roy". One is a field photo the other is the skulls in a shop. Yes skulls..The other bull goes close to 350 and he is dwarfed by the giant bull. The 412 bull just has it all big fronts and 3rds, whale tails and huge mass. I take one thing back, I zoomed in and it looks like he has matching devil points pointing straight up from his G1s. They look to be about 4-5 inches or so. And his left is a classic whale tale 6 with with the addition of the devil point of the G1. But the right side looks to be a 7 with big whale tail as well, its hard to see the end of the main but it does look to branch toward the end with a 7 inch or so G6 and it also has the extra devil point off the G1. Hope this helps draw a picture for you.
Oh it the main beams are extremely long and massive

LAST EDITED ON Sep-09-11 AT 01:08PM (MST)[p]I'm not going to post the photos since it is such a big bull, I'll let the hunter do that himself. But I will "draw" you a picture..

IMG951820drawn.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Sep-09-11 AT 01:43PM (MST)[p]LOL! now thats funny, I get 408" out of your drawing...but in all seriousness, I do know the bull was killed and is a giant, but I couldn't tell you where at in wyoming it was taken at...

from the drawing i like his huge thirds. hope this pictures get up soon. your teasing me here.

nfh-Congrats on the goat, heck of a nice one!!! it will be interesting to hear the story of this bull when/if it comes out, but 5575gb is not BSing about it, it has been killed. just hope to hear more on it eventually and the bull is truely as big as his drawing shows, no doubt there...

Ha! That is a real photo as are his 3rds, just ran it thru photo shop and made it look like a pencil drawing. Here he is next to that other bull.

img9525173_glow.jpg

I think the "real" photos will do it justice, if they come out...5575 I saw the cell phone photo of it (your first drawing) and it is a heck of an elk. Just be nice to see real photos and story behind the elk on here eventually.

thanks wyo_bulls. look another picture to tease me. man im going nuts here. where his hand is grabbing that rear point it looks like his hand barely goes around it.

I hope the owner of this fine bull will post up a picture or two and a story. Sound like he will be one of the top Bulls taken this year.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

its just awesome to hear a 400 incher being taken in wyoming and with a bow that is huge. if it was a shot in wolf country then double wow. bowhunting wolf country is the hardest bowhunt there is for elk. it is tough to call in elk that are willing to talk and give there location away to a wolf.

hats off to the bowhunter and im still waiting impatiently to see this stud.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom