408" Colorado Shed Bull

bighorn191

Here are some antlers I found while guiding a late season elk hunt...I had the bull mounted about 4 years ago but found the antlers 6 years ago. The picture doesn't show it too well but the bull's right antler is webbed out at the top and the last circumference measurement is 12-4/8". I had him officially scored as the antlers were put together, which looks about right to me and he officially scored 408-6/8".

This bull was never killed although he was seen twice but was in such a hell hole, that nobody could ever get him. We caught glimpses at long range and he always managed to get away. As far as I know, no one ever found him dead. He was a thick timber dweller...at least most of the year. The sheds were found laying one inside the other...I about died when I glassed up the steep slope and saw the webbed antler poking toward the sky...it looked like a caribou.

Hope you all enjoy!
474e0c4929993296.jpg

'bighorn408'...that is one sweet set...i can just barely imagine how you felt when you 'looked up' and saw those babies laying on the hill...i get excited anytime i find a shed, then really excited when i find a 'set'..i think if i had found those, i would still be laying there, right next to them..i have 2 big sets from the same bull that i would like to mount, like you did. i am having a terrible time finding capes...any help, appreciated...if you have your camera out again, give us a coupla more 'shots' of that beauty...maybe a 'side shot?'...oh yeah....did i say, "congratulations on a great 'find'"...thank you for sharing...

That is a Good one, Nice mount too!

Time in the hills is always worth more than money

OH YEAH! That is one pretty bull! Great find and a great story about the "One that got away" ! I love to know that there are still a few giants walking around out there.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom