.410 shot shells

LIK2HNT

Long Time Member
Anyone reload .410 shotgun shells and roll crimp them? This is the first batch I have roll crimped. Any ideas on how to make them more even? Or, is this just what happens with a shot shell with such a small diameter?
Used a hull vise and rolled on my tabletop drill press.
Thanks
Bill
8DF24E8A-54A8-4FBD-BD47-A230CB4850D5.jpeg

Between Being Non-Existent & High Dollar You're Rollin Your Own?
Yes. Loading some shells for a friend’s grandson. These are #7 TSS-15 and should work good for turkeys for now. Once I find the hulls and powder I need I will load #9 TSS-18. Been reloading #9 TSS-18 in my 20ga for turkeys with great outcomes. Components for reloading are the biggest challenge I face.

Refuge forums and duck huntingchat have some great reloading forums. There are some roll crimping threads there. You should be able to get a better more uniform crimp. Good luck

Interesting. What kind of machine are you using?

I’ve never reloaded 410’s, but for “regular” shotgun shells in my progressive press the crimp is all controlled by multiple machine adjustments (doh). If I change wads or hulls I have to re-adjust the crimp settings if I still want a pretty crimp. Giant PITA.

Good luck, and keep us posted. I always wanted a Winchester 42, and consider it a personal failure that I don’t have one.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom