44 Bucks

338rummy

LAST EDITED ON Jun-28-19 AT 02:28PM (MST)[p]My son drew 44 bucks! Yea, he has his mothers luck thank goodness. Don?t need anyone?s secret hunting spot but would like to get opinions on best dates to hunt. He'll be in college with a full schedule plus he's in the National Guard so we need to make the best of available time. Hunt dates are 15 Sep-31 Oct. Thanks in advance!

It sounds to me he should hunt when he has time to hunt, I am not going to tell you that one day is better than another day, but if you want to kill a big buck you have to put in the time.

If it were my tag, I'de do most of my ?hunting? before the season opens, and be in position to kill a buck you found in your pre season scouting the morning of the opener. Some big bucks are killed on that morning.

If you can scout and put in the time before season I'd go with what HalfAce said. If you don't get one killed though or don't have the time to scout, in that unit you tend to see some pre rut/migration activity around the last week and it can be a good week to be in the woods. Hopefully a little quieter too with some of the people having filled their tags.

Got er done! 5x5. Saw ALOT of bucks. Due to my sons schedule we rolled this guy rather than risk weather and even more hunters in the unit due to the elk opener comin on. Thanks to all who helped with recommendations and scouting.
24061145bb9232cf546bbb45eef3684c51930.jpeg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom