.45/.410??

R

RuttCrazed

I was looking at some Encore barrels and noticed one was labled .45/.410 does that mean you can shoot a .45 cal round out of a single shot .410 shotgun? We shoot .38's out of the .375 but I have never heard of a .45 out of a .410 shotgun?

Rut

Mere speculation on my part, but look at the width of the walls of a .45 barrell, and look at the width of the walls of a .410 shotgun. You couldn't pay me enough to cram a .45 into a .410 and pull the trigger. I say NO WAY.
HB

I have a contender barrel like that. Its rifled and for the 45 Long Colt. Has some type of deal on the end thats supposed to stop the spin of the shot charge as it exits the barrel. Thats allowing 410 rounds in a 45 Long Colt barrel. Don't have a clue as to the other way around.

And I suspect the throat for the chamber is pretty long for that 45 LC to jump, having to be able to chamber a short 410 round safely and allow the crimp to open without spiking pressures.

Makes a pretty handy short snake pistol though.

Jeff

LAST EDITED ON Dec-23-04 AT 07:52PM (MST)[p]I can't recall who it was, but they were telling me they were shooting .410 shells out of their .45-70. It was a single shot NEF if I remember correctly. I guess if you're brave and bored enough eh?...lol

I've got a little single shot pistol that shoots 2 1/2" .410 and 45 Colt. Its stamped for both round on the barrel. Fun little gun but not really much good for anything.

I know that the Contender allows for .410's in the .45LC, but the question is regarding the .45LC in a .410 single shot. That's why I say no way!
HB

LAST EDITED ON Dec-27-04 AT 02:39PM (MST)[p]I have the T/C 45/410. You can shoot 45 long colt or put the choke in and shoot 3inch .410 shotgun shells. Take the choke out to shoot the 45 LC.
Its a great gun, fun for grouse.

Yeah, I guess the Encore barrel is a bit thicker than your regular .410 shotgun barrel, so it would work. Thanks for the info.

Rut

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom