45 C AZ. DESERT SHEEP

cabuck

Drew this tag, already have an outfitter, Tim and Chris from Dry Creek Outfitters. Anyone know what to expect in the way of quality in the area? Would like to have reasonable expectations with regards to top end rams of this unit. Have already talked to bioligist on the refuge. Very nice man and extremely helpful. They plan on a helocopter survey in Oct. and a trapping of lambs and ewes in Nov. Will that spook the rams in the unit? Going with Mervyns in the Yukon for Dall sheep in Sept, got tired of waiting for a draw tag. The AZ. draw comes out and desert sheep in 45c will get me half way home to my slam in one year. Still pinching myself!! Good Luck To All

Don Perrien

Don,

Huge Congrats! You've got a terrific tag and you are in excellent hands with Tim & Chris, Dry Creek Outfitters. Good luck in the Yukon too. Looks like you have a terrific sheep hunting year ahead of you!

Sagebrush,

I am going to be using a Bansner Sheep Hunter Extreme in 300wsm. Tim Mecier said when I draw my second desert sheep tag then we can talk about using the muzzleloader. Had to laugh!! Plan on being there 7days before season to locate the right sheep. Tim is scouting in late august for quality of unit. Should be fun. Did you line-up any anteloope tags in N.M. this year? Hope you drew some fun hunts. Donny

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom