45 rifle elk

one_dryboot

Long Time Member
My 72 year old uncle drew this tag and I will be helping, mostly holding his bullets so he doesn’t shoot a dink 7am opening morning. If anyone has any honey holes they are willing to share, or just general advice I’d greatly appreciate it.

No I haven’t searched older posts yet. But I will. ?

I can return the help in Colorado, Utah, western Wy.

Thanks

Not the easiest rifle hunt out there, especially if he can't get into the steep nasty stuff where the elk will be after 7:15 opening day.

Thanks to those that reached out. He is in the middle of chemotherapy and decided to turn the tag back. Hopefully he’ll feel better and want to go next year

Sorry to hear. I hope he makes a recovery that will allow him to shoot a bull next year and makes you pack it out. Would be a win win.

On another note, this is why he should shoot whatever bull he is happy with- there may not be a next year.

Sorry to hear. I hope he makes a recovery that will allow him to shoot a bull next year and makes you pack it out. Would be a win win.

On another note, this is why he should shoot whatever bull he is happy with- there may not be a next year.
I agree it is a risk And tomorrow might never come. That goes for all of us. Enjoy life now, don’t wait.

It's been 10 years since I've hunted it , but both times I hunted the last week and had no problem finding bulls. deer hunters are gone and they're out feeding down lower where they're easier to get.

I wouldn't call it a trophy hunt but a fun hunt. sounds like it's not what it used to be though.

My uncle will be looking into a different unit. He wants to be able to hunt the archery as well. He was disappointed when they took that option away.

Thanks again to those who helped out with info

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom